Platter mat preferences!

I've actually been playing about combining the Teac Washi mat under my Acoustic Revive RT50 silicate-based mat.
Agree with you on grey (rough) side down, white (smooth) side up.

The Artemis has a recess for the mat that means it has to be a certain thickness >4mm, the centre cutout also needs to be 105mm dia which makes trying alternatives tricky. The recess has a paper layer under one of a choice of three mats of which I only have the acrylic, the graphite is reputed to be the best but I’ve never seen one, I also don’t know if it’s actual graphite or if the word it being misused for carbon fibre, probably the latter given the thickness. The Washi paper on top of the base paper and acrylic really wasn’t good as I said above but my initial idea was to mimic that paper and acrylic layering on the Lenco platter. The Chinese made acrylic mat I ordered from Amazon turned out to be dished so it went back and I tried the Washi paper alone and it was by far the best I’ve heard from this deck. If your arm will go low enough it might be wort trying the paper on its own. There are so many variables that results are hard to predict.

The Artemis has a recess for the mat that means it has to be a certain thickness >4mm, the centre cutout also needs to be 105mm dia which makes trying alternatives tricky. The recess has a paper layer under one of a choice of three mats of which I only have the acrylic, the graphite is reputed to be the best but I’ve never seen one, I also don’t know if it’s actual graphite or if the word it being misused for carbon fibre, probably the latter given the thickness. The Washi paper on top of the base paper and acrylic really wasn’t good as I said above but my initial idea was to mimic that paper and acrylic layering on the Lenco platter. The Chinese made acrylic mat I ordered from Amazon turned out to be dished so it went back and I tried the Washi paper alone and it was by far the best I’ve heard from this deck. If your arm will go low enough it might be wort trying the paper on its own. There are so many variables that results are hard to predict.
No can do on using the 1mm Washi mat on its own (I've gone from an effective 12mm high LP suspension system).
But in conjunction with my other 6mm mat, the Acoustic Revive RT50, it's a perfect fit ergonomically, and has excellent SQ benefits.

I have Teac Washi mat too. It’s very good, better than my Zanden TPM-1 and almost all mats I have tried before. The only one I prefer over Washi is Concert Fidelity mat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu