Post a Picture or Video Of Any Sport's Finest Moments

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966.jpg

Terry Sawchuk - The face of a hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment.

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966.jpg

Terry Sawchuk - The face of a hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment.

I remember growing up in Toronto and watching the NHL as a kid. It was commonplace for the goalie to get hit in the face with the puck. Blood would be everywhere on the ice. The game would pause as the goal tender skated off for stitches and returned 20 minutes later to the applause of the fans

Then along came a guy called Jacques Plante

I remember growing up in Toronto and watching the NHL as a kid. It was commonplace for the goalie to get hit in the face with the puck. Blood would be everywhere on the ice. The game would pause as the goal tender skated off for stitches and returned 20 minutes later to the applause of the fans

Then along came a guy called Jacques Plante
I've lived my whole life here in Toronto. I remember going down to the Gardens and watching Plante, but that was the early 70s.

I grew up on Hockey Night in Canada every Wed and Saturday with Foster and Bill Hewitt and Danny Gallivan

I remember Johnny Bower getting hit so many times his face was like a railroad track of scars

Reactions: Exlibris
Holding a slim lead over Russia in the women’s gymnastics team competition at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Kerri Strug overcame torn ligaments in her ankle to help bring Team USA its first-ever gold medal in the team all-around. Strug, who got hurt on her first vault, stepped up again to seal the win for the Americans. Here’s she’s being carried by U.S. coach Béla Kérolyi.

rexfeatures_6506544n.jpg

Standing at 3 feet, 7 inches, Eddie Gaedel became the first little person in Major League Baseball (MLB) history when he stepped to the plate on August 19, 1951, as a member of the St. Louis Browns. Wearing “1/8” on his jersey, Gaedel walked on four pitches in the first inning.

rexfeatures_6649544a.jpg

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick took to a knee during the national anthem to protest civil and racial injustices in the United States for the first time during a preseason game on September 1, 2016. Kaepernick, who had previously sat during The Star-Spangled Banner the week earlier, continues his social activism while being blacklisted from the National Football League (NFL).

rexfeatures_6248327a.jpg

Reactions: Steveo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing