Post your female vocal videos

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
roll to TM801A instead. MUCH better
I should've asked you first Thomas. Just got some NOS RCA 801-A to try. TM 801 is a next step?

Reactions: the sound of Tao

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li
Hi!

Sure I'd recommend them. o far everybody who tried them was very positive. I have other customer reports one if them I need to translate first, but here another one which came in english. The remarks about the TM801A are mixed in with his review of his phono stage:

When my Differential D3A Phono Silver was delivered by Thomas in early August and sound for the first time in combination with the Differential ER 801A Line Silver and the TM300B SE Monos Silver and the vinyl front end (Doehmann Helix One Mk2, Acoustical Systems Axiom tonearm and Top Wing Red Sparrow pickup) on the Aries Cerat Symphonias it was immediately clear, this chain fulfills all my hopes for a very subtle, realistic music reproduction that offers a wealth of the finest timbres and spatial information, playful, effortless dynamics and wonderful timing. The musicality and the realism of the presentation was so convincing that I didn't believe the new TM801A, of which Thomas brought 2 pairs, would really intensify the sound experience in my chain. Oh how one can deceive oneself. When I finally got around to testing the new TM801A in the Differential ER801A Line Silver after a few weeks, it was clear after a few minutes that I was so wrong. The synergy of the TM801A in the preamp and the TM300B in the monos is fantastic. The previously described sound qualities are clearly intensified again, without any showmanship or exaggeration. Listening to music becomes an even more moving experience. Fantastic! The journey of sound discovery through my small collection of LPs begins anew.

Thank you Thomas for letting all that happen.

Just a final remark. There are many audiophiles who think that the extensive use of silver in such a system would automatically result in a too bright and harsh sound. Maybe this is true for certain pre-amps/amps but definitely not for the ones Thomas builds.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Walter66

Aug 22, 2022
This domesticated base is rarely heard and the opposite to other speakers. Fast, dynamic and transparent sounding. Excellent. And the speakers look stunning, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Love Birdy

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Last edited:

Walter66

Aug 22, 2022
Thank you. This is quite an unusual speaker system using advanced technique incl. active amping and digital filter network. Are those field coil drivers or neodym being used? The sound seems state of the art in modern speaker design. Unconventional ideas, combined with high quality design, I like that a lot. Thanks for posting this.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Reactions: SlapEcho

SlapEcho

Dec 15, 2021
No etch or siblance on the soprano allowing her full range expression on what I'm assuming is a digital system. Also excellent reproduction of recordings hall decay. Nice!

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
No etch or siblance on the soprano allowing her full range expression on what I'm assuming is a digital system. Also excellent reproduction of recordings hall decay. Nice!
Thanks, Slap. Yup, all digital. Well, digital source straight into a pair of Class D monoblocks and all-silver cabling cryo'ed. Guess it doesn't get too much more digital-like than that. :)

BTW, I think you mean no negative sibilance? Anyway, thanks again and good ear.

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
same one channel, smartphone mike pointing at the speaker.

Walter66

Aug 22, 2022
same one channel, smartphone mike pointing at the speaker.

Yeah, thats the sound of my Klangfilm "emergency amp" in the KLV502 rack, I remember it completely. It has this typical romantic Klangfilm sound with high resolution. Excellent. But why no picture?

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
simply because I wanted the mike to be in 'optimal' position to find out how large of an impact it has.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

What a class act this team was. But you still gotta' give it some volume.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Maybe there should be a "Show me your disco vidoe" thread?

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Give 'em some volume.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

A couple of favorites.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing