Pre-Amp reccommendation for Air Tight ATM-300R power amp

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Have you heard the Incito-S in the meantime?
Compared to the regular Incito (without -S) or the Impera?
No, still haven’t heard the S. Impera is a significant advance over regular Incito as you know...for a price...

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
No, still haven’t heard the S. Impera is a significant advance over regular Incito as you know...for a price...
Pity.
I really wonder how much better the Incito-S is over the regular Incito and how close it comes to the mighty Impera

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Pity.
I really wonder how much better the Incito-S is over the regular Incito and how close it comes to the mighty Impera
I heard it is more than halfway to Impera...like 80% ...

Reactions: christoph

Cipollae

Feb 14, 2021
I now have committed to the ATM-300R and looking at three more pre-amps to consider for the list of candidates:

1. Doshi Line Preamplifier v3.0
2. VAC Renaissance Mk V
3. Mastersound Spettro

Would love to hear from anyone with experience with these three as well as the others above.

Thanks for all the recommendations and information.
Excellent choice, bodhisattva! I have the same power amp (on DeVORE Orangutan O/93s) and I love it!

The preamp in my system is a Linear Tube Audio microZOTL MZ3 that I love just as much. Although it is the very first preamp that I have purchased, and price wise it is clearly rather modest compared to all the other ones mentioned above, it seems to be a wonderful match with the ATM-300R. To my ears, the sound that my system produces is just the sound of music - extremely inviting, natural, open, clean, fast and believable. I am sure that there will be better combinations around, but this leaves me wanting for nothing at the moment.

Very curious to hear how you like the preamps that you are going to try out!

Last edited:

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Just wish to add here that I was recommended to go for the Incito S over the Impera on account of lower maintenance issues.
Yea same here and Starvos gave the same suggestion to me based on the type of music i listen
I just ordered it and hopefully to receive before Xmas time, I also took his advise to use RCA connection with my Lampi too

Oracle1974

Jun 28, 2020
Good choice and enjoy your new purchase.
Yea same here and Starvos gave the same suggestion to me based on the type of music i listen
I just ordered it and hopefully to receive before Xmas time, I also took his advise to use RCA connection with my Lampi too

Reactions: Bobofei86

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
Pity.
If the "mighty Impera" should be interesting for you personally, I might know a remedy ...

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
When I got my First Sound MK3SI, my preamp journey stopped. It crushed my Aiftight ATC-3 with alps pot. I also had a passive. While the passive is neutral and clean, it lacks body and liquidity.

The First Sound has coupled excellent with every tube amp I have put to it. Its especially nice with the SET 845 I have now.

Remember, a 300B can be revealing. I look for a combo where I can be enthralled, but not overly hyper attentive. I want to relax, but also get all I can from the source. Some pre can overly highlight the playback. But now were talking preference. That's up to you to decide.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
When I got my First Sound MK3SI, my preamp journey stopped. It crushed my Aiftight ATC-3 with alps pot. I also had a passive. While the passive is neutral and clean, it lacks body and liquidity.

The First Sound has coupled excellent with every tube amp I have put to it. Its especially nice with the SET 845 I have now.

Remember, a 300B can be revealing. I look for a combo where I can be enthralled, but not overly hyper attentive. I want to relax, but also get all I can from the source. Some pre can overly highlight the playback. But now were talking preference. That's up to you to decide.
I dont have a lot of experience with 300B but certainly read about their special magic. Just saw this. From Western Electric, a bastion of 300B apparently. 8 x 300B tubes per side...80 watts per channel?. Plus phono preamp and integrated (also 300B driven).

Are you familiar with their electronics?

1635866723240.png
1635866741354.png 1635866757477.png

Reactions: cuntigh

Dinho

Mar 3, 2020
Not sure you will find many on the Shindo + Air Tight, but here is one User: If I wanted a tube pre, the Mayer would be one I would want to try. Another of the more interesting audio folks with great customer service. I bought my Elrogs from him.
Hi,

Monbrison + Air Tight ATM300R, exactly the combination I use.

Although there is an understanding that "Shindo magic" operates with a complete Shindo system, the combination of Shindo Monbrison and Air Tight ATM300R presents me with a "new kind of magic" that is sublime in its own way.

Best.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I dont have a lot of experience with 300B but certainly read about their special magic. Just saw this. From Western Electric, a bastion of 300B apparently. 8 x 300B tubes per side...80 watts per channel?. Plus phono preamp and integrated (also 300B driven).

View attachment 83837
View attachment 83838 View attachment 83839
The monos and preamp are rebadged Canary Audio amps.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

View attachment 83837
View attachment 83838 View attachment 83839
If 300b push pull is of interest the new Thrax monos also seem cool.

Cipollae

Feb 14, 2021
Circling back to the topic presented by the OP: has anyone perhaps had a chance to listen to Air Tight's own new reference preamp, the ATC-7?

1655068502769.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing