Puget Audio Fest

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
From EnjoyTheMusic.com (Greg Weaver)

Full report here- https://www.enjoythemusic.com/Pacific_Audio_Fest_2022/Part1/page5.htm

In 2203 I was greeted by perhaps one of the most overlooked and exceptionally performing loudspeakers available today, Daniele Coen's superb planar dynamic Alsyvox loudspeakers, designed in Italy and handcrafted in Spain.

Here the source here was the superb Taiko "Extreme" server ($30,000 as configured), which streamed to the exceptionally analog-sounding Esoteric K-03XD CD/SACD/DAC ($15,000). Electronics were the hand-crafter Greek Pilium "Alexander" preamp ($50,000) and the Pilium "Achilles" amplifier ($50,000). The speakers were the Alsyvox Botticelli X, ($100,000/pr., plus $36,000 for the "X" external crossovers). All cabling was of the "Orion" series of VYDA laboratory Audio Solutions of Italy, including "Orion" speaker cables ($15,000/pr.) and interconnects ($6,000/pr.)

I've repeatedly fallen hard for these speakers when driven just right – as they were here. These are, in my experience, the most spacious and dynamic sounding planer-dynamic loudspeakers you are likely to hear. The presentation here was liquid, with rich tone, and was finely layered, with vivid dimensionality, and an almost scary natural presence. As with every time I hear them, I was so impressed with their remarkable bass extension, blistering transient attack, and dynamic abilities, especially with percussion. Not only could this system recreate a huge and accurately sized soundstage, but it also pulled a complete vanishing act. I SO want a pair of the Botticelli's in my room for review!

VAC

Industry Expert
Aug 16, 2022
Sarasota, Florida USA
www.vac-amps.com

modwright

Industry Expert
Nov 2, 2017
WA ST
www.modwright.com

During Pacific audiofest, I enjoy sound from vinyl than digital source.

This modest priced Modwright component with vinyl give very musical sound.

But I had quit vinyl 25 years ago, no turntable, phonoamp and vinyl.

Alas it may be too late to go back to vinyl.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed Vinyl in our room! We had brilliant analog sound with SME TT and Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge and ModWright PH 9.0X phono stage!

Reactions: thomask

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing