R.I.P. A.J. Conti (Basis Turntables)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you for those kind words, sounds like he was an amazing human being on all levels.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastically memorable tribute, Ron. Thanks for taking the time to pay respects to this remarkable man. In addition to a reflection on the man himself, I think it is also a great reflection on the Forum that you and Steve now lead together.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Indeed, superb tribute Ron. This gives a lot of insight into how he was and how his client relationships were. More to do with the man and the music. No wonder he was considered such a great TT designer.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, in the shortish time I knew you in London, AJ it seems was never far from positive thoughts you had about your future endpoint, and the lp spinning you were already doing, the indication of an individual who left a large impression on you
I have a handful of guys in audio whom I maintain a long term friendly relationship with, and have an idea how sad I would feel if they passed in the same way

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing