Ray Samuels Audio B-21 Raider dual headphone amplifiers.

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
I picked up my B-21 Raider this past Wednesday. I am somewhat biased having been along for the ride with Ray the past 2 plus years. I have no financial interest in Ray's products other than he seems have a direct line to my bank account as I have purchased several. I paid the same as all Ray's customers.

If you don't know, the B-21 started deliveries in late July. If you are interested, there were 3 episodes on Director's Garage covering the B-21 Raider. Also Eyal Goldwerger, a prominent Head-Fier, reviewed the amplifier. Both reviews were great reviews.

In this single dual chassis unit, Ray made the best electrostatic and dynamic amplifiers he could. I am listening right now to my Focal Utopia which is the best it has sounded since I got the OG Utopia back in 2017/2018. I have also paired it with the ZMF Atrium Closed on the dynamic side. I used the Stax SR-009S on the electrostatic side with similar results.

I shared the track " Make Us Stronger" by Ghost Rider with another B-21 Raider owner. Here is response:

"So, estats are short on bass. So why the hell did that song on my Stax 9K on the B21 knock me across the room"

I hope more people get to experience this amplifier. Ray is building each amp individually and still puts the same heart and quality into each build like he has done with every amplifier he designed and built

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing