Receiver

Ikehgl

Nov 30, 2022
I own a Sansui 60 watt per channel receiver from the 80's
I intend to purchase ML electrostatic tower spkrs.
Is it strong enough to drive then?
Thanks

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi @Ikehgl
Can you provide us with more informations? What are the exact models we are talking about? What is the size of the room they will play in? Without that, we will be unable to give you a helpful answer.

Ikehgl

Nov 30, 2022
Hi @Ikehgl
Can you provide us with more informations? What are the exact models we are talking about? What is the size of the room they will play in? Without that, we will be unable to give you a helpful answer.
Firstly, I have to correct myself.
It is a Pioneer not a Sansui. Model no. VSX-D810S, delivering continuous average power of 100W per channel.
The room is 7m (21 ft) long, 5m (15 ft) wide. The speakers will stand along the longer wall.
The speakers will be either ElectroMotion ESL or Theos

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Firstly, I have to correct myself.
It is a Pioneer not a Sansui. Model no. VSX-D810S, delivering continuous average power of 100W per channel.
The room is 7m (21 ft) long, 5m (15 ft) wide. The speakers will stand along the longer wall.
The speakers will be either ElectroMotion ESL or Theos
Electromotions are not hard to drive, but this receiver is not a good match for them. It won't allow them to reach their full potential, both power and soundwise. I recommend you look for something better in the future to get the most out of your new speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing