Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never leave that room. Love the room aesthetics and gear.
I’m usually pretty busy and I don’t sit and listen as much as I would like to, but for the last four or five days I have listened for at least 10 hours straight each day. I am mesmerized by the M7 no matter what electronics I put on them.

Lots of great speakers out there, but these are definitely one of them.

I’m usually pretty busy and I don’t sit and listen as much as I would like to, but for the last four or five days I have listened for at least 10 hours straight each day. I am mesmerized by the M7 no matter what electronics I put on them.

Lots of great speakers out there, but these are definitely one of them.
I don’t blame you, I could sit there and camp out in the room lol. I do like the M7’s though. They are special.

For anyone that is interested the Kondo Kaguras do not have a problem listening at 90db-95db peaks (louder than I normally listen) driving the M7s. I was surprised.
My friend drives Kharma exquisite classic SE with Kaguras. They’re very powerful.

Reactions: bonzo75
Did you adjust bias after you installed Amperexes? What does Kondo factory says about Amperex 211s?
Yes, I adjust bias on my Kaguras whenever I change the tubes. The factory does not say anything about the Amperex tubes or any other NOS tubes.

As look as you can adjust the bias within spec, there is not an issue. The Amperex do run a bit high on the bias vs say GE or RCA, but still stay in spec.

Reactions: mtemur
Very helpful

Bob is spot on. He opens his doors to hobbyists to come and compare right in NY, and he is posting video compares. There are hundreds of posts on Kondo all over the web.

a text comparison to what it sounds like won’t make it justice unless you compare it to an exact similar reference sound common to both of you, like another Kondo amp like the Gakuon mk2 or something - and even there valves used will make a difference

The only other thing you could seek is for it to be played on different speakers to understand what makes it rock and what does not

Last edited:
Reactions: mtemur and Rhapsody
Very helpful
Danielaruso, reading a few of your posts as you are a new WBF member (welcome to WBF btw) you are already in love with AC amps. Wonderful amps, I understand your love.

You also mention that you live on the East Coast. If interested in hearing what the Kaguras sound like, why not come for a visit and decide for yourself if the posted videos don't give you an idea of the Kagura sound?

One page back on this thread, there are several videos posted.

Edit: The posted video one page back on this thread are also available on the Rhapsody.Audio YT page here-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCneLCqdm0JU17yF6ruU99UA
Thank you for posting the videos... Great system btw! I prefer the 211's myself :cool:.

Just out of curiosity, are you using anything special to record the videos? Is it something as simple as an iPhone or do you have an outboard mic?

Where do you place the recording device? Is it placed where you would typically be seated when listening?

Do you have the stereo playing at the typical volume that you would listen to or lower in order to lessen any distortion or overload to the recording device's mic?

Do you have to do any special type of processing to the recording or is it just raw?

I only ask as I would like to experiment with maybe trying to see what my system might sound like if I were to try and record it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm just an old fart that is technologically challenged ;)

Best wishes,
Don

HIGH DON, Noted below...
Thank you for posting the videos... Great system btw! I prefer the 211's myself :cool:.

Just out of curiosity, are you using anything special to record the videos? Is it something as simple as an iPhone or do you have an outboard mic?
>>>I just use my iPhone, with no external mic. I've used all types of recording devices/mics in the past. I've found that enough people ( of course not certain individuals) understand that when using an iPhone it is what it is. It gives a general idea of the sound. As I've stated prior I do not think any YT recording should be used to judge a system. Get an idea, sure, then go and listen in room if the system appeals to you.
Where do you place the recording device? Is it placed where you would typically be seated when listening?
>>>I just hold my iPhone in my hand sitting on a chair. As dumbed down as you can get.
Do you have the stereo playing at the typical volume that you would listen to or lower in order to lessen any distortion or overload to the recording device's mic?

>>>I play a around 80db with 85db peaks when recording which is around the same SPL's that I play at with normal listening
Do you have to do any special type of processing to the recording or is it just raw?
Just the iPhone.
I only ask as I would like to experiment with maybe trying to see what my system might sound like if I were to try and record it.
Sure, give it a whirl. You learn through experience.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm just an old fart that is technologically challenged ;)
I'm an old fart as well:) Hey we've made it this far, beats the alternative:) Feel free to pm me with any questions.
Best wishes,
Don

This is my favorite so far....

Magico M7, Pilium Olympus/Zeus, Taiko Extreme, Esoteric K1X (DAC), VYDA cables

GM Bob, how many hours on the M7 now? Any critical sit-down listening? Man a 4 way in that room has to be pretty special...

GM John:) As of today 250 hours. At 100 hours I would have felt comfortable doing serious demos. At 150 hours I did do a serious demo. Both the visitor and I were in awe of the sound.

We played the Pilium, the Kondo and then back to the 440 Ex. Pro Devialet. Even with the Devialet we both agreed that we would be happy to live with the 440/M7 sonics.

Between the Kondo Kaguras and the Pilium it will come down to personal preference. I can't do justice describing either, but with either with the M7s is an experience to be had.

Before the visitor came last week I sat down with Qobuz and was going to try and pick a few outstanding tracks to play during the demo. I think I listened for two hours attempting to find the stellar tracks. I never picked up the Ipad. I just listened to track after track never feeling that oh this is the one. All of the tracks were good enough to do outstanding demos with. I just handed the Ipad to the visitor and let him play what he wanted.

The vinyl is another step up, BUT when listening to the digital and Qobuz, not files, there seems to be no need to go to the vinyl or R2R.

As you can tell I'm having fun and thank you for asking!

GM John:) As of today 250 hours. At 100 hours I would have felt comfortable doing serious demos. At 150 hours I did do a serious demo. Both the visitor and I were in awe of the sound.

We played the Pilium, the Kondo and then back to the 440 Ex. Pro Devialet. Even with the Devialet we both agreed that we would be happy to live with the 440/M7 sonics.

Between the Kondo Kaguras and the Pilium it will come down to personal preference. I can't do justice describing either, but with either with the M7s is an experience to be had.

Before the visitor came last week I sat down with Qobuz and was going to try and pick a few outstanding tracks to play during the demo. I think I listened for two hours attempting to find the stellar tracks. I never picked up the Ipad. I just listened to track after track never feeling that oh this is the one. All of the tracks were good enough to do outstanding demos with. I just handed the Ipad to the visitor and let him play what he wanted.

The vinyl is another step up, BUT when listening to the digital and Qobuz, not files, there seems to be no need to go to the vinyl or R2R.

As you can tell I'm having fun and thank you for asking!
Thanks Bob, as you indicated I imagine a host of different gear will do nicely with those gems. And yes, I figured you were having fun...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing