RME adi-2 dac fs / iFi iCAN Pro Signature

Lucian_L

Jun 26, 2024
Stuttgart
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, hopefully I post on the right place
I own the RME ADI 2 DAC FS / Dan Clark E3 headphones
Everything sounds fine, but I wish I could have a bit more " aggressive" power, more authority...
I was thinking about pairing the RME ADI 2 DAC FS with the iFi iCAN Pro Signature, as far as I know, it's a very good amp, and besides, I do like those XBass and 3D options.
Could you please give me some advices?
Would that be a good choice?
Topping A90D, another choice, but I'd rather go with iFi iCAN Pro Signature, price is much higher, but if it's worth, why not...
Any advices are welcome, thank you

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, hopefully I post on the right place
I own the RME ADI 2 DAC FS / Dan Clark E3 headphones
Everything sounds fine, but I wish I could have a bit more " aggressive" power, more authority...
I was thinking about pairing the RME ADI 2 DAC FS with the iFi iCAN Pro Signature, as far as I know, it's a very good amp, and besides, I do like those XBass and 3D options.
Could you please give me some advices?
Would that be a good choice?
Topping A90D, another choice, but I'd rather go with iFi iCAN Pro Signature, price is much higher, but if it's worth, why not...
Any advices are welcome, thank you

What made you choose the Dan Clark and RME combo?

why do you ask ?

It seems oblivious.
Whatever method you used seems like it is prone to not aligning with you longer term enjoyment.
And whatever method you used might be something that I also need to be wary of.
(I have an RME, and I like it, so we are at least somewhat aligned.)

There seems to be no objective reason why the combo should not work, but I have not looked closely at the output capability of the RME relative to what the DC can need. Maybe they are a difficult load??

1) if you heard them, and liked them, and then disliked them later, then I am not sure how one would move forwards.

2) If you got them based upon specifications, then the specs that you focused on are probably not the important specs for what you prefer.

3) If you got them based upon reviews, then I suppose I would suggest finding some reviewers that have other can that you agree with the reviewer on.
- If you find that a certain reviewer is well aligned with your preference, then that bodes well for things that are harder to find… and those thing being stuff that you might be alignment with the review on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing