Ron Reporting from Southwest Audio Fest 2024

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think so, Roger. I'm not certain. Joshua would have to confirm.

It was a very natural, instrumental recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
No, I did not see small Acora speakers.

But I should have gone back to the very large room with the top-of-the-line VRC speakers. Driven by VAC it was a very convincing sound in a very large space on Thursday night. I meant to include it in my reporting of my list of favorite rooms.

Reactions: Rexp

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Is this the recording to which you refer Ron ? 6:30 onwards if so .

I actually dont recall which track I played for Ron, but that recording Jason did was the Kevin Lovejoy trio. Kevin flew in from New York and performed at the First Presbyterian church in Georgetown TX. Since I run the Austin Audio Society and am a part of the Austin Jazz Society we can record the live events. Best value ever to hear a virtuoso like Kevin for $15!!

This was a raw recording and still hasnt been mastered yet. It sounded exceptional in a hifi system which is a testament to the mic placement.

It was a big hit at the show where most of the same old songs were on loop

CJmooney

Feb 5, 2021
Did you hear Anne Bisson in the smaller Acora room? The system was a convincing backing band on this first track:

I was there (second row, far left). Yes, an amazing presentation from Acora and Ms Bisson. The audio system was "good enough" to suspend belief for the accompaniment. Her voice became my reference for the rest of the show. Every audiophile should hear a demo like this. Highly educational.

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I was there (second row, far left). Yes, an amazing presentation from Acora and Ms Bisson. The audio system was "good enough" to suspend belief for the accompaniment. Her voice became my reference for the rest of the show. Every audiophile should hear a demo like this. Highly educational.
Cool, any idea what the digital player was?

vintage_tube

Nov 1, 2012
East Coast
Great report Ron -- as usual BTW. You're so concise in the short time you have to highlight areas that you visited and auditioned. Please keep it up Sir.

As a tube guy practically my whole life, and a current VAC "vacette" (HAHA), I find it interesting that Valerio Cora, owner of Acora Acoustics and Audio Research elects to display his new $220K speakers with VAC and not ARC (at Miami & now Dallas - that I can recall).

Great for Mr. Kevin Hayes, the perfectionist tube guru and the talented techs at VAC. Hope they have this setup at AXPONA -- I'm attending this year.

Best Sir,

Bob

Reactions: Audiohertz2

CJmooney

Feb 5, 2021

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I apologize for that oversight, Fred!

I changed the title on that particular short video to include the Poseidon in the list of components in the room:

IMG_2282.jpeg

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023

Did you buy any of her recordings to listen at home ..?

Regards

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
She signed a CD for me--nice gentle easy listening -plus she's a lovely person.
BruceD

CJmooney

Feb 5, 2021
Did you buy any of her recordings to listen at home ..?

Regards
I did not this trip. I have several of her signed albums from prior shows. They are generally excellent!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
REMINDER!!!

Join me tonight to discuss Southwest Audio Fest 2024 at 6:00 pm Pacific Coast Time / 9:00 pm East Coast Time / 12:00 midnight Sydney Australia Time!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing