Ron Reporting on T.H.E. Show 2024

FWIW and please no inference meant because I truly loved the System3 but Mikes present speakers IMHO outperform the System3. Bear in mind that Mike has twin bass towers on his present speakers and I have heard both his system and the System 3. Mike can sleep well as there is no comparison IMHO. The new System 3 and 6 are different beasts and I really like the System 3 more so even than the System 6 but remember this was hearing both under show conditions. Even though Kevin has designed both, it’s apples and oranges. I even preferred Mike’s MM7 setup to the System 6 but again Mike’s system is unique and one of the great wonders of the audio world
Good to know! Thanks.

FWIW and please no inference meant because I truly loved the System3 but Mikes present speakers IMHO outperform the System3. Bear in mind that Mike has twin bass towers on his present speakers and I have heard both his system and the System 3. Mike can sleep well as there is no comparison IMHO. The new System 3 and 6 are different beasts and I really like the System 3 more so even than the System 6 but remember this was hearing both under show conditions But even though Kevin has designed both, it’s apples and oranges. I even preferred Mike’s MM7 setup to the System 6 but again Mike’s system is unique and one of the great wonders of the audio world
Hi Steve. Your assessment of how the SYSTEM 3 vs. Mike's MM7's are understandable. Since the SYSTEM 3 is based on the previous MM3 speaker, it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. The room we had last year was quite challenging and we did our best with the SYSTEM 6 to make them shine. MM7's were and still are amazing performers.

Love your statement "... Mike's system is unique and one of the great wonders of the audio world". Very accurate!

Hi Eddy

I totally agree as it is as I said, comparing apples and oranges and I also agree that last year's room was very difficult to work with
The System 3 in this year's room for my ears and Kevin's great set up I found to be very revealing and as stated your room was amongst my favorites

Join me for a video tour of T.H.E. Show 2024 at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa in Costa Mesa, California! Check out, among other product debuts, the new Evolution Acoustics System 3 loudspeaker, the new Linear Tube Audio Aero DAC, the new United Home Audio Ultima Apollo tape machine, the new Songer S1x field coil loudspeaker, the new WestminsterLab Monologue phono stage and the new Akustika Eterna Lucet SET amplifier!

Please subscribe to the What's Best Forum YouTube Channel!

Ed, Kevin's setup was fantastic, and you were a terrific organizer and host, as always. Thank you for being the first WestminsterLab partner to exhibit bridged WestminsterLab Reis in bridged more. I know how important the System Three launch was to you both, and I sincerely appreciate your confidence that Westminster Electronics would reveal its very best.

Congratulations to you both on your auspicious showing of the System Three!

PS The sound of the ATR tape machine was indescribably awesome. I heard a few R2R decks over the weekend, and none compare. Now I'm saving up for one!!!

Ed, Kevin's setup was fantastic, and you were a terrific organizer and host, as always. Thank you for being the first WestminsterLab partner to exhibit bridged WestminsterLab Reis in bridged more. I know how important the System Three launch was to you both, and I sincerely appreciate your confidence that Westminster Electronics would reveal its very best.

PS The sound of the ATR tape machine was indescribably awesome. I heard a few R2R decks over the weekend, and none compare. Now I'm saving up for one!!!
Thanks Gary. The SYSTEM 3 speakers sounded phenomenal in Bristol 1. We appreciated your support with the bridged Rei's. Many attendees found themselves visiting our room repeatedly to enjoy the amazing sonics our room was producing.

Reactions: lscangus
Ed, Kevin's setup was fantastic, and you were a terrific organizer and host, as always.
:)
Thank you for being the first WestminsterLab partner to exhibit bridged WestminsterLab Reis in bridged more. I know how important the System Three launch was to you both, and I sincerely appreciate your confidence that Westminster Electronics would reveal its very best.

PS The sound of the ATR tape machine was indescribably awesome. I heard a few R2R decks over the weekend, and none compare.
agree.
Now I'm saving up for one!!!

SET Amplifier Debut:

Akustika Eterna Lucet 801A SET Amplifier: 4.5 watts, $180,000, 3 chassis, 300 pounds!

Was the door prize a Lamborghini?

Please enjoy this interview at T.H.E. Show 2024 Costa Mesa with Greg Beron of United Home Audio and Ken Boyce of Cake Audio, discussing the new Ultima Apollo tape deck, Vitus Audio CD player, Viva Audio integrated amplifier, Albedo cables and Lansche loudspeakers.

Please enjoy my interview at T.H.E. Show 2024 Costa Mesa with Kevin Malmgren of Evolution Acoustics, Ed Sudario of The Audio Association for Wave Kinetics, and Gary Leeds of Hear This for WestminsterLab. Kevin describes the new Evolution Acoustics System 3. Ed describes the new NVS Jonathan Tinn Memorial Edition turntable. Gary describes the REI bridged mono amplifier set-up and the new Monologue phono stage.

Please kindly "like" this video and subscribe to the WBF YouTube Channel!

Please enjoy my interview at T.H.E. Show 2024 Costa Mesa with Kevin Malmgren of Evolution Acoustics, Ed Sudario of The Audio Association for Wave Kinetics, and Gary Leeds of Hear This for WestminsterLab. Kevin describes the new Evolution Acoustics System 3. Ed describes the new NVS Jonathan Tinn Memorial Edition turntable. Gary describes the REI bridged mono amplifier set-up and the new Monologue phono stage.

Ron, I never realized how significant a man Kevin is. He's as tall as his excellent loudspeakers!
Thanks for publishing this interview. It is greatly appreciated by all parties concerned.

I should not mention the room featured Andrey and his latest ATR tape machine with outboard electronics. Some excellent tape machines were used in various rooms at the show (I counted (4) at the show; however, in my experience (I owned a Studer A-80 maintained by Key Choi), I have never experienced any source quite like it. The dynamics and musical expression were magnificent and set a new standard. Just ask Mike L., who has one in his magnificent system.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Ron, I never realized how significant a man Kevin is. He's as tall as his excellent loudspeakers!
Thanks for publishing this interview. It is greatly appreciated by all parties concerned.
Kevin is brilliant.
I should not mention the room featured Andrey and his latest ATR tape machine with outboard electronics. Some excellent tape machines were used in various rooms at the show (I counted (4) at the show; however, in my experience (I owned a Studer A-80 maintained by Key Choi), I have never experienced any source quite like it. The dynamics and musical expression were magnificent and set a new standard. Just ask Mike L., who has one in his magnificent system.
actually Gary, i have 2 of Andrey's 'hot rodded' ATR-102-MR-70 combo's, one 1/4" and one 1/2".........but who's counting. :rolleyes:

agree completely that it's a new tape standard. just an opinion, of course.

Reactions: Andrew K and gleeds
I should not mention the room featured Andrey and his latest ATR tape machine with outboard electronics. Some excellent tape machines were used in various rooms at the show (I counted (4) at the show; however, in my experience (I owned a Studer A-80 maintained by Key Choi), I have never experienced any source quite like it.
Andrey will be featured in a separate interview.

Please enjoy my interview at T.H.E. Show 2024 Costa Mesa with Ken Songer of Songer Audio. Ken describes the new driver in the S1x loudspeaker, and discusses the Western Electric 91E integrated amplifier.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Andrey will be featured in a separate interview.
Ron, I should have known, as one of the premier tape enthusiasts you would not have missed Andrey's demo or a chance to interview such a fascinating man pushing the boundaries of the R2R tape art:)

Reactions: Ron Resnick
Horning Eufrodite speakers it looks like…mine run great on 3.5 watts! How did you like this room?
I didn't hear a thing. Looking at that amplifier is the audio equivalent of looking into the sun!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing