Roots-The History Channel

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Roots: Official Trailer | History

When I saw this advertised on the History Channel I thought that this was the original miniseries originally telecast IIRC in 1977 which was an epic production so I thought I would record the series. Sat down tonight to watch and I'll be darned it's a remake if the original. So far I'm bummed but I'll reserve judgment until I've seen a few episodes

We've watched a couple of episodes. When I first rad about it my reaction was why do a re-make.

It was better done than I anticipated and it seems more graphic and somewhat more realistic that the first.

Then again, my memory of a TV miniseries made 30 or 40 years ago could be a little hazy.

We've watched a couple of episodes. When I first rad about it my reaction was why do a re-make.

It was better done than I anticipated and it seems more graphic and somewhat more realistic that the first.

Then again, my memory of a TV miniseries made 30 or 40 years ago could be a little hazy.

Kunta Kinte?

Unforgettable.

I watched three episodes of this remake. I greatly prefer the original.

I would certainly love to watch the original series again.

I watched three episodes of this remake. I greatly prefer the original.

I agree. Perhaps enhanced by when in USA history this book and mini series was released. It had a major effect on me. Best comparison was fast forward to present day when having watched 12 Years A Slave and having that same emotion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing