Rossini DAC/Clock config experience and preferences, please

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi,
Transparent PLUG-IN NETWORK PROTECTOR works only at 110 volts or it has universal voltage ( I am in Italy). Thank You
Hi, you better ask Transparent this. Their website says 120v....

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Is there anybody using stillpoints feets under their Rossini or vivaldi ?
I haven't tried still points, but I have tried other feet and ultimately preferred a good audio rack. You'll hear the feet, hard to say whether everything is better or not, I'd say this is very system and listener dependent. I don't think there is a definite answer to your question....

MDAguy

Oct 11, 2020
Is there anybody using stillpoints feets under their Rossini or vivaldi ?

I really like the stock ones, they're super high quality for being the "free ones"...

DoctorWhy

Dec 5, 2020
Hi Parsons and all in this thread. I will be receiving my Rossini Next week. Has anyone listened to the Rossini with and without the Clock? I can afford the clock, but the dealer said the difference wasn't huge. I'm interested in peoples listening experience. Also are there any clocks that work better with the Rossini than the matching DCS unit?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi Parsons and all in this thread. I will be receiving my Rossini Next week. Has anyone listened to the Rossini with and without the Clock? I can afford the clock, but the dealer said the difference wasn't huge. I'm interested in peoples listening experience. Also are there any clocks that work better with the Rossini than the matching DCS unit?
Given your system, you'll hear the benefits of a dCS clock. I'd stick with dCS. I suspect if you're streaming or your digital sources can't be clocked (like your i7/SSD) this could be why your dealer is saying what he's saying. I haven't heard your combo, but in my Vivaldi stack it was amazing how much better a Vivaldi Clock sounded that a Scarlatti Clock on all sources. Clocking in important. Better focus, un-ravels the notes better, resolution. Again all easily heard with your Nagra/Wilson combo.

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
In the past I had a Puccini with a U Clock, tha I moved to scarlatti clock, important improvement. Than I changed to Rossini, whaouw, it was listening music into another world. Sincèrement 4days I moved to the vivaldi clock, and it sounds far better than my previous combo Scarlatti +10 MHz cybershaft op21.
so you can see, improvement of the clock is very important. Today I will couple the vivaldi clock and thé cybershaft, and .... for sure it wil bring me in Heaven..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing