Sablon power cords

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Thanks to Ray-Dude for his wonderful coverage of my cables as part of his thesis on Extreme! Perhaps Ray, you can come back and report on the new King I have just shipped you?

The Sablon Prince is an interesting beast, with the HUGE Bocchino IEC connector on the Extreme end of the chain. Although it is labeled as “King” on my cable, the Prince has the Boccino connector on the IEC end and a normal connector on the plug end. The Sablon Audio King power cord has a Bocchino on both ends of the cable, but Sablon does not provide it for demos because of the impracticality of the monster connector on a wall outlet or power conditioner.

Going from the Elrod to the Sablon Prince, the increase in speed and dynamics was immediate and striking. While still buttery smooth and elegant, speed and coherence made a massive step forward. My first 10 second reaction listening to the Sablon Prince is very similar to when I first heard the 2020 Sablon USB cable in my system: things just clicked and it sounded perfectly neutral and transparent, with incredibly coherence and dynamics, invisible and just right – “Yup, we’re done testing here...let’s enjoy some music”.

Going back from the Prince to my generic power cord, the added edge with the generic cord is very clear, and the dynamics are quite a bit muted vs the Prince.

Comparing the Prince direct to the dedicated circuit vs the Prince with the Topaz Isolation Transformer, I’m not hearing any improvement in background levels or smoothness, but significantly diminished speed and dynamics with the isolation transformer. Whatever conditioning benefit I’m getting from the Topaz seems to not matter with the Sablon in the chain (the Prince is taking care of business), but the Sablon seems to be able to provide more of the current that the Extreme craves.

If the best cable is the cable that sounds like there is nothing there, the Sablon Prince is the closest I’m hearing to that with the Extreme and the cables I currently have available to me to test. Now the only decision is whether I purchase a Prince, or take a leap for the King without having had a chance to hear it!

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...the-taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-part-4-of-5-r910/

Reactions: dminches

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Only problem w yr King Sablons, Mark, is that to run say a dozen, you'll need the whole width of the room to site sockets. Yr Kings will be following Covid protocol, and self isolating from each other Lol.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I thought the plug pins aligned at 90° to that?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Here’s another perspective. A pair of them fit comfortably in a duplex outlet, however the problem is that they will spill over adjacent outlets in many conditioners / distribution blocks.

7748F425-F419-48C4-ACA5-B015D4217E84.jpeg

Reactions: NanoSword

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mark, if you can let me know the minimal distance mid-socket to mid-socket on any duplex, I can see if a move to Kings is feasible.

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
Thanks to Ray-Dude for his wonderful coverage of my cables as part of his thesis on Extreme! Perhaps Ray, you can come back and report on the new King I have just shipped you?

Absolutely Mark, very much looking forward to hearing the beast! Although I've always been more of a Purple Rain man than a Blue Suede Shoes man... ;)

Reactions: Sablon Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure, it’s 8cm wide so you’d ideally be looking at 9cm centre to centre to allow for a bit of clearance
As I suspected, not gonna happen here. The Prince is such a wow here, on my preamp, that I'm not gonna bow to FOMO re not going Kings. Princes system-wide will do me just fine.

Reactions: shaned

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
The Prince is a great cord Marc, equal to many $20k peers yet also more emotionally involving. King just turns everything up to ‘11’ but in a qualitative fashion rather than immediately upfront.

Reactions: shaned and adamaley

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
I was finally able to plug in my new King today, and right out of the box the sound is absolutely glorious! Alas, the loaner Prince has been passed forward for a couple weeks now so I can’t compare direct, but I absolutely love what I’m hearing today. Thank you Mark for this incredible addition to my system!

mercury999

Apr 22, 2020
I just finished an audition of the Sablon Prince power cord. I demo'd the cord on both a class A/B and class D amp and had similar results. Deeper, fuller and more prominent bass, as well as a more holographic sound stage and greatly improved midrange. There was a weight to the bass that I didn't experience with my budget power cord. I also tried the cord on my dac (Exogal Comet Plus), and heard a smoother midrange and gentler highs. The bass impact wasn't as great as on the amps, but the mid and high end were noticeably better. The Sablon Prince showed me where the weakest link in my system is and that alone was worth it for me. I’d love to have multiple Prince Sablons- just need to save up for them! Thanks Mark for letting me audition the Prince. I now have a new standard for my next power cord.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just finished an audition of the Sablon Prince power cord. I demo'd the cord on both a class A/B and class D amp and had similar results. Deeper, fuller and more prominent bass, as well as a more holographic sound stage and greatly improved midrange. There was a weight to the bass that I didn't experience with my budget power cord. I also tried the cord on my dac (Exogal Comet Plus), and heard a smoother midrange and gentler highs. The bass impact wasn't as great as on the amps, but the mid and high end were noticeably better. The Sablon Prince showed me where the weakest link in my system is and that alone was worth it for me. I’d love to have multiple Prince Sablons- just need to save up for them! Thanks Mark for letting me audition the Prince. I now have a new standard for my next power cord.

To which power cable did you compare the Sablon Prince?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing