Sablon power cords

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fair enough. I guess if the whole country works with UK plugs then following the norm makes sense. Over here we buy all most of our distributors with us sockets and lots change the wall sockets too. UK plugs are a bit cumbersome and a pain and have crappy fuses.
Yes, Mark of Sablon would agree...though he can at request put in higher quality fuses into his plugs. At his recommendation, I have SR Orange I believe.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
A quick heads up for those of you contemplating a King cord - the Bocchino USA plugs are now all sold out until the next peoduction run materialises in mid-October. I started a waiting list last weekend and this is filling fast. The Prince model is however available within a more reasonable timeframe.

heebrog

May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
I recently purchased 2 Prince power cords after glowing endorsements by many respected members here; one for my Extreme and the other for my Chord DAVE.

I was previously using HFC CT-1 Ultimate Reference for the DAVE and an Allnic ZL-5000 for the Extreme both via a Sound Applications TT-7 PGI conditioner.

After a few days of burn-in, I am very pleased with my purchase.
There is a lovely smoothness and atmosphere to the sound which I noticed with well recorded string quartets.The string tone of the cello is simply wonderful and the interplay between the various instruments is easier to follow even on unfamiliar pieces. I am finding I am listening to complete works more frequently; admiring the soundscape rather than jumping around looking for familiar demo tracks.

There is also a new found dynamic punch which I can't understand coming from source components but I don't really care and there may be more to come as the burn-in process continues.

Thanks Mark.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Carmine Bocchino advised me yesterday that he is putting through a 20% price rise on his mains connectors after my current pending order. Although I will be able to allocate this plug shipment at existing prices, once these are gone I will need to revisit my pricing structure.

NanoSword

Mar 2, 2020
I've tested the king Sablon on all of my devices and wherever I put it I hear sounds more naturally.
When I put it in the electrical extension I found the biggest benefit that all the devices and cables in the same extension take advantage of the Sablon cable sound nature and gain the air that I actually miss from some of the cables.
I consider this cable a necessity in my audio system and it cannot be compromised.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Carmine Bocchino advised me yesterday that he is putting through a 20% price rise on his mains connectors after my current pending order. Although I will be able to allocate this plug shipment at existing prices, once these are gone I will need to revisit my pricing structure.
Hi Mark, thanks for the notice. When you say mains connectors, does this apply to his products generally incl his IEC?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Yes, iec as well as usa mains plugs Lloyd

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
And now a Furutech price rise has been pre-announced before the end of this year....

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for letting us know, Mark. I have made my order!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just installed two more Bocchino modded Elite pwr cords ie Prince Sablons. On my Nat Audio SE2SE 70W 211 monos. To add to the one on my Nat Audio Utopia tubed pre.

I was gonna wait a few days to leave my impressions, but as with all Mark's creations (now with added Carmine goodness), they just sound great out of the box, and carry on getting better. So I have some amazing comparisons to refer my system to, and the changes wrought by stuff like the Prince Sablons. Added to the fact that I'm the most content I've ever been with my sound, any changes now to my nicely evolved presentation are of great curiosity to me.

And the Prince Sablons don't disappoint. Nothing overly obvious, just a further nailing of timbral accuracy. I'm listening to yet another LP boxset of Haydn symphonies, and my appreciation of differences and essential character of wind instruments is especially enhanced. Add to this, a real sense of palpable ease and deep texture on tuba and trombone swells, and that jump to closer to reality, so hard to achieve with the wrong system balance or room acoustics, is uncanny.

Additionally, there is real attack in those bowed massed strings, I'm getting way more drama as the orchestra picks up intensity, and the realism in strings tone again is upping the ante on enjoyment over and over.

Moving onto my more familiar prog genre, Hatfield And The North vinyl, that can be a polyrythmic mess, is really enhanced on the texture front and instrumental lines that were always a little "mashed" together are more seperate and intelligible, but the holistic completeness of the performance doesn't suffer in any way.

My guess is the Prince Sablons are lowering noise floor to allow more detail thru, but in the time honoured Sablon way, the effect is to lock tone density and variation, timbral accuracy, and to nail that totally vital midband, from which treble and bass evolve.

Totally fantastic from Mark.

My system has been really singing of late, no pricey upgrades or tweaks made this year other than my new tonearm and sorting final room acoustic issue.

Additionally I've been visiting Blue58 and Audiophile Bill with their stellar, superbly dialled in digital- and analog-fronted exemplary horns-based systems.

And it's based on where my system has evolved and the reference to these two stellar comparisons, that I frame my comments.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing