Sablon speaker cables

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Speaker cables for dynamic driver speakers share similar design objectives to power cords - to deliver current unimpeded - and the Sablon Reserva speaker cables are no exception.

This design uses 10awg per pole of my extremely transparent copper conductors in a twisted pair configuration, terminated with solder free Oyaide Platinum spades.

As the design is formed of numerous smaller gauge wires, it can be easily comfigured for internal bi-wire with discrete smaller gauge wires being run all the way through from the amplifier to the tweeter posts. In this instance, I use the Oyaide rhodium bananas for the treble as they can easily be combined with the mid/bass spades onto a single binding post should you change to single wired speakers in the future.

For users of extremely high powered amps with huge damping factors / inefficient speakers / long cable runs, I offer the option of a double size build for lower impedance and stronger dynamics. There is also the possibility to build with Bocchino terminations subject to availability. Asymmetrically split runs are also possible.

I appreciate that long speaker cable runs can be expensive however I would counsel caution about trying to save money with cheaper models / smaller gauges as the losses arising from high impedance and lesser materials get magnified over length.

Reactions: Ed_K and sujay

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Speaker cables for dynamic driver speakers share similar design objectives to power cords - to deliver current unimpeded - and the Sablon Reserva speaker cables are no exception.

This design uses 10awg per pole of my extremely transparent copper conductors in a twisted pair configuration, terminated with solder free Oyaide Platinum spades.

As the design is formed of numerous smaller gauge wires, it can be easily comfigured for internal bi-wire with discrete smaller gauge wires being run all the way through from the amplifier to the tweeter posts. In this instance, I use the Oyaide rhodium bananas for the treble as they can easily be combined with the mid/bass spades onto a single binding post should you change to single wired speakers in the future.

For users of extremely high powered amps with huge damping factors / inefficient speakers / long cable runs, I offer the option of a double size build for lower impedance and stronger dynamics. There is also the possibility to build with Bocchino terminations subject to availability. Asymmetrically split runs are also possible.

I appreciate that long speaker cable runs can be expensive however I would counsel caution about trying to save money with cheaper models / smaller gauges as the losses arising from high impedance and lesser materials get magnified over length.
What is your opinion of the Oyaide speaker cable terminations versus Bocchino? Worth the extra cost?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hiya, have just ordered the Bocchino spades for my Sablon spkrs cbls. I'll offer some feedback once they arrive in 2-3 months.

But if Bocchino upgrade to my Sablon ICs is any guide, I'm expecting great things.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Hiya, have just ordered the Bocchino spades for my Sablon spkrs cbls. I'll offer some feedback once they arrive in 2-3 months.

But if Bocchino upgrade to my Sablon ICs is any guide, I'm expecting great things.
Thanks. Have you evaluated other spades or bananas before selecting the Oyaide?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
No, I leave the hard work to Mark LOL.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
What is your opinion of the Oyaide speaker cable terminations versus Bocchino? Worth the extra cost?

The Oyaide platinum spades are excellent and I don’t find them lacking in any way until you compare with Bocchino, which are truly superlative. The gains arise in density, detail and more musicality. So yes, I do feel they are worth the extra cost in a high end system.

Reactions: Blue58

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Spades next on my list of upgrades but only with their corresponding binding posts. May as well do the job well

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Here’s a photo of a commission I have just made for a Tannoy Westminster owner using Bocchino plugs. Benefitting from much superior wire and terminations than the original design, it sounds dramatically better yet chimes in a fair bit cheaper due to the simplified internal biwire build.

Attachments

• 21795535-2A35-4D30-ADA1-7C338280A397.jpeg
    21795535-2A35-4D30-ADA1-7C338280A397.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 304

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Here’s a photo of a commission I have just made for a Tannoy Westminster owner using Bocchino plugs. Benefitting from much superior wire and terminations than the original design, it sounds dramatically better yet chimes in a fair bit cheaper due to the simplified internal biwire build.
If one could only re-terminate one cable pair with Bocchinos at the present time, would you recommend doing the speaker cable or interconnect?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
If one could only re-terminate one cable pair with Bocchinos at the present time, would you recommend doing the speaker cable or interconnect?

Suggest the interconnect first as one can never recapture lost data further downstream however please drop me an email so that we can consider in more detail. Thx

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Just seen those spades, Mark! Can we have a close up of that - it looks like a beast.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bill, have just ordered those on my Sablon spkrs cbls. Another step to greater enlightenment.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Only slightly?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Here’s another bespoke build shortly due to ship to Asia. These cables feature a double gauge (7awg) build and Bocchino silver spades. Being internally biwired, although the customer doesn’t immediately need this facility, we hooked it up that way for greater future flexibility should he change speakers. I used Oyaide bananas so that they can be easily mounted into the same binding posts as the spades. Stacking two pairs of spades makes for a lossier indirect connection for the outer mounted pair.

6B86D095-231F-4C96-9936-D9C3C3645F06.jpeg

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Some nice fb on my speaker cables with Bocchino spades in an all AN system

Sablon Audio,
Like many I am a busy body so it can take me a bit of time to get things implemented. Today, I switched my very fine Audio Note silver speaker cables to yours. Wow! I was expecting your copper cables to have more bottom end punch and in fact they do. What I was not expecting are the silky highs, the creamy midrange, the expansive soundstage and lots of detail. Really impressive!! Well done Sablon Audio! Oh, and yours cost less. Yet another lesson in price does not always equal performance.
Best,
F

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
BBA122FD-7FA5-48FE-8FC4-39896C387F83.jpeg Two sets of my all singing all dancing top model speaker cables made this week for some exotic systems. Both builds are with 7awg per polarity and Bocchino terminations. The biwire ones at the top will be hooked up to Sonus Faber special edition Ex3ma speakers and the single wire ones underneath are for an all Tidal system.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A man is judged by the company he keeps...ie Sablon and SF/Tidal.
No hope for me, then. Lol

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing