Sablon USB cable - 2020 model

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Glad you found TW easy to use Clipper and I imagine you will use it in the future for other purposes as it gives great savings over banks and paypal.

Some of my customers have had issues with TW, however if you follow the instructions on my invoice, then it is pretty straightforward. If people stray from the path, then a whole new world of pain awaits them. I can’t help but imagine Samuel L Jackson might have been involved in their systems development.

Reactions: Clipper and JoeyGun

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
Glad you found TW easy to use Clipper and I imagine you will use it in the future for other purposes as it gives great savings over banks and paypal.

Some of my customers have had issues with TW, however if you follow the instructions on my invoice, then it is pretty straightforward. If people stray from the path, then a whole new world of pain awaits them. I can’t help but imagine Samuel L Jackson might have been involved in their systems development.
Mark thank you for your patient‘s also I’d like to say you should be nominated for the quickest replies , follow ups and action taken on your sales over anyone I’ve ever dealt with ,........., imagine a trophy with your name on it ,........That’s funny about Samuel L Jackson,....
I picture a knock on their door very late in the evening ,..

looking forward to your cable,,...

Last edited:

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
As Mark said earlier, you definitely want to burn in the cable, around 100 hours or so. It really does make a difference!

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
You can't go wrong with the Sablon 2020 USB cable, one of my favorite purchases.
I fully concur. I just finished an intense week of comparing 3 well-regarded USB cables. The Sablon 2020 USB is not just a great cable, but a steal at its price point. I tried a non-powered version for my Lampi GG2 DAC but presume the same sonic characteristics I thought were excellent would be found in any version of the cable. It would be hard to justify spending more on a USB cable. Kudos to Mark. He is a delight to work with and the experience has made me receptive to looking at Sablon for other system cables, should the need arise. And yes, burn-in does take about 3-4 days.

Last edited:

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Marty, thanks ever so much for your support and endorsement. Your passion for hifi is evident from your posts and it is equally clear from your insights that you have considerable experience. It has been a pleasure dealing with you also.

Reactions: sujay

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
Took delivery early this afternoon of the non powered version , cold out of the box Marks USB cable overwhelming proved cables do in fact make a difference however this leap forward wasn’t so subtle,...

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Glad you’re enjoying my cable on your 432 server Clipper but plenty more to come as it burns in. Over the first 48 hours, the presentation will grow in fullness and dynamics, with tonal intensity deepening over the week thereafter. Much to enjoy!

Reactions: Clipper

TwinPeak

Sep 8, 2020
One of the consequences of optimising ones music system in all respects, is that what used to sound like a song, is now so dissolved and nuanced that the song and music are blown to atoms. The amount of information to be processed by the brain becomes so overwhelming that the whole is difficult to grasp...

My trick was to close my eyes during the listening sessions. So you can create your own visual images composed of the audio impressions, and the song, instruments and music become easier to grasp.
With the Sablon 2020 USB cable in my system, I felt like I was on target with my upgrades. The Sablon 2020 USB cable made my fantastic new Denafrips Pontus DAC even better. Everything that the Pontus DAC does better than most traditional chip-based DACs, was now presenting even better and with better precision. It was like the icing on the cake.

I have loop-played with the Sablon 2020 USB cable around 100 hours over the last week, listening occasionally, but overall expressions are constantly changing. In other words, I'm not there yet, with burn-in. Don't get me wrong, it simply sounds amazing. The Sablon USB does not color the music - it enhances what is already good, and it greatly eliminates what damages the audio signal. At that price, this USB cable is like having upgraded one of the most important audio components. I already have the Sablon LAN cable connecting the Uptone EtherREGEN to Sonore UltraRendu. Together with the Sablon 2020 USB cable it creates a system synergy that lift the overall musical presentation to new heights!

My "old" USB cable is now up for sale.
Tom, Norway

Attachments

• My SetUp 2020-v11.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 53

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
I’ve been asked a couple of times this week if I will shortly be updating the 2020 ethernet and usb cables and the answer is ‘no‘. My general approach is to only introduce improvements when they are significant and I typically ‘bank’ small changes so that they can be implemented simultaneously for a more worthwhile impact.

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
Prior to my purchase of the Sablon USB cable I was ignorantly enjoying my new server with a popular USB cable brand that has a following ,.... Upon receiving the Sablon cable my immediate sense of it was that a vail has been lifted ,

A week has passed with more to come as I’ve been told though what I’m hearing now if I stayed with that particular brand of cable I would of missed out on so much .

Great work Mark !

Reactions: Sablon Audio

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
@Sablon Audio I was looking at Shunyata Sigma ethernet cable and USB cable and was asking for suggestions on one of the fb forums and someone suggested if I looked into Sablon Audio. I just did and found this forum. Do you think I'll be able to try your 2020 ethernet and USB before I decide to purchase?

Here are my components.

Digital Setup:

1. Music Server: Custom music server with a 8 core AMD Ryzen 7(2700), JCAT Femto USB on a Streacom FC9 fabless chassis with separate linear power supplies to the motherboard, CPU and the JCAT USB card, powered by HDPLEX 200W LPS.
  2. Ethernet switch 1: SOtM sNH-10G with a Farad 12V LPS
  3. Ethernet switch 2: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN with a 12V Empirical audio Dynamo LPS
  4. USB Reclocker: SOtM Tx-USBultra SE with a Farad 12V LPS
  5. Master clock: 75 Ohm, 10 MHz OXCO (FE180) 3 channel clock with a 12V LPS (HDPLEX

Power Supply:

1. Power distributor 1: Von Gaylord “Live Performance” with the following components connected to it.
    1. Preamp
    2. DAC
    3. Power amp x 2
  1. Power distributor 2: Shunyata DPC 6 first gen with the following components connected to it.
    1. Ethernet switch 1
    2. Ethernet switch 2
    3. USB Reclocker
    4. Music server (HD Plex)
    5. Modem
    6. Router

Audio components:
  1. DAC: Lampizator Golden Atlantic TRP with the following tubes
    1. USAF 596 rectifier tube
    2. GEC KT66 Old Stock
  2. Pre amp: Von Gaylord Uni Preamp with a separate chassis for power supply
    1. Tubes: CBS Hytron 5692/6SN7 NOS
  3. Power amp: Von Gaylord Uni Monoblocks with the following tubes
    1. KT120 output tubes
    2. Tungsol 6SN7 gain tubes
  4. Speakers: Gershman Acoustics Grand Avante Garde.

Cables:
  1. Speaker cables - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend 7000s
  2. Interconnects - DAC to Preamp - DH Labs revelation silver cables
  3. Interconnects - Preamp to Power amps - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend 7000s
  4. Power cords
    1. DAC - VG Chinchilla power cord
    2. Preamp - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend power cord
    3. Power amps - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend power cord
    4. Shunyata DPC 6 - Shunyata Delta V1 NR power cord
Rack and Misc components:

1. Rack - Butcher Block Acoustics rigid rack
  2. Speaker feet - ISO Acoustics Gaia 2

Ahura77

Sep 11, 2020
I would like to add my experience which is similar to others.
I purchased recently Sablon USB and Ethernet cable and I must admit that they are very special cables. (I had Supra Cat8+Curious USB cable before)
My system sounds now much better in every aspect than previously.
Thank you Mark for these good products.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
@Sablon Audio I was looking at Shunyata Sigma ethernet cable and USB cable and was asking for suggestions on one of the fb forums and someone suggested if I looked into Sablon Audio. I just did and found this forum. Do you think I'll be able to try your 2020 ethernet and USB before I decide to purchase?

Here are my components.

Digital Setup:

1. Music Server: Custom music server with a 8 core AMD Ryzen 7(2700), JCAT Femto USB on a Streacom FC9 fabless chassis with separate linear power supplies to the motherboard, CPU and the JCAT USB card, powered by HDPLEX 200W LPS.
  2. Ethernet switch 1: SOtM sNH-10G with a Farad 12V LPS
  3. Ethernet switch 2: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN with a 12V Empirical audio Dynamo LPS
  4. USB Reclocker: SOtM Tx-USBultra SE with a Farad 12V LPS
  5. Master clock: 75 Ohm, 10 MHz OXCO (FE180) 3 channel clock with a 12V LPS (HDPLEX

Power Supply:

1. Power distributor 1: Von Gaylord “Live Performance” with the following components connected to it.
    1. Preamp
    2. DAC
    3. Power amp x 2
  1. Power distributor 2: Shunyata DPC 6 first gen with the following components connected to it.
    1. Ethernet switch 1
    2. Ethernet switch 2
    3. USB Reclocker
    4. Music server (HD Plex)
    5. Modem
    6. Router

Audio components:
  1. DAC: Lampizator Golden Atlantic TRP with the following tubes
    1. USAF 596 rectifier tube
    2. GEC KT66 Old Stock
  2. Pre amp: Von Gaylord Uni Preamp with a separate chassis for power supply
    1. Tubes: CBS Hytron 5692/6SN7 NOS
  3. Power amp: Von Gaylord Uni Monoblocks with the following tubes
    1. KT120 output tubes
    2. Tungsol 6SN7 gain tubes
  4. Speakers: Gershman Acoustics Grand Avante Garde.

Cables:
  1. Speaker cables - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend 7000s
  2. Interconnects - DAC to Preamp - DH Labs revelation silver cables
  3. Interconnects - Preamp to Power amps - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend 7000s
  4. Power cords
    1. DAC - VG Chinchilla power cord
    2. Preamp - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend power cord
    3. Power amps - Von Gaylord (VG) Return of Legend power cord
    4. Shunyata DPC 6 - Shunyata Delta V1 NR power cord
Rack and Misc components:

1. Rack - Butcher Block Acoustics rigid rack
  2. Speaker feet - ISO Acoustics Gaia 2
Beautiful video.

Reactions: perfusionist

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing