SET amp owners thread

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
Audionote Empress Silver 2a3 monoblocks with a Hattor Passive Pre

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
So how do YOU set the timbre lock or did someone do it for you?
I had Silvio Pereira, CEO of Audiopax, in my home setting it up for me. And he also did the acoustic set up as he does for his clients.
One lucky thing that happened in my system was that the Tidal Contriva adjustment for the Timbre Lock was exactly the average, it means all the leds amber. So no problem when I have to set up again after changing tubes. Just put it in the amber color position.
The new Maggiore to be launched next semester will have a much easier way to set up timbre lock. It will have only 3 positions that will fit to the many types of speakers.

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
I had Silvio Pereira, CEO of Audiopax, in my home setting it up for me. And he also did the acoustic set up as he does for his clients.
One lucky thing that happened in my system was that the Tidal Contriva adjustment for the Timbre Lock was exactly the average, it means all the leds amber. So no problem when I have to set up again after changing tubes. Just put it in the amber color position.
The new Maggiore to be launched next semester will have a much easier way to set up timbre lock. It will have only 3 positions that will fit to the many types of speakers.
Ah yes. Silvio. Good man.

Lucky you on the Amber light. I use GEC 1960s. TWO of my setting have NO LIGHTS!!! Try setting it to no lights whatsoever hahahahaha. I can!!!

Edwardo the genius behind Audiopax once told me I set the TL better than even he could!

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Actually. It’s not that simple. Within each light is still multiple positions. So still needs re setting.

Reactions: joaovieira

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
Aries Cerat Impera II Reference, Aries Cerat Concero 65 Monoblock, 65 watts SET. Speakers: Odeon 38/2, 95dB efficient.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Actually. It’s not that simple. Within each light is still multiple positions. So still needs re setting.
I am lucky that the amber position is a discrete point, no interval, like the green positions up and down the amber.
I think Audiopax will be presenting its new gear this year in Europe, including the new excelent Mandolin Ceramik speakers.

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
6E3EBF0E-D92A-4028-BB3B-18CBBFD85E74.jpeg

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I heard the Odeon in Munich. Great speakers.
Congratulations MJG!

Reactions: christoph and MJG

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hello guys, this is my first post.

My system : Power Yamamoto A-09S , tubes 300B by Emission Labs.
Pré Amplifier by Shindo Aurieges L
Loudspeakers : Devore Fidelity Gibbon 88.

Thanks.

Hey, I think I know this guy :)
How's it going?! Welcome to WBF!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I heard the Odeon in Munich. Great speakers.
Congratulations MJG!
In Munich you heard the Odeon No. 33, M has the bigger model No. 38/2 :cool:

Reactions: joaovieira

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Hello guys, this is my first post.
Loudspeakers : Devore Fidelity Gibbon 88.

Thanks.

Cesar, welcome!
Do not forget that you owe me a visit!
Congratulations on the system!
Nascimento

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In Munich you heard the Odeon No. 33, M has the bigger model No. 38/2 :cool:

I think he might be referring to the 130k euro Odeons which were in Munich two years ago

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I think he might be referring to the 130k euro Odeons which were in Munich two years ago

Yes Bonzo. It was two years ago. 2017.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing