Shunyata DENALI

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Are any Denali users upgrading, and if so what was your previous power conditioner.

Or is this your first power conditioner.
Bud,
I just plugged in a Denali 2000T into my mono Constellation amps, changing out a V1 Cyclops. Also burning in 2 Alpha Ztron HC cords out of the Denali, so too early to comment on. Out of the box, more silence between notes. Not full spectrum sound yet, as expected due to cord burn in. Will keep you posted. (I have S5s also)

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Are any Denali users upgrading, and if so what was your previous power conditioner.

In the past I tried a Richard Grey unit. That was the shortest lived piece ever in my set-up. I then installed a APC S-15. It worked at least as good as the PS Audio Powerplant Premire's I had on my amps and gear, plus it included battery back-up for the servers I had at the time. I am currently just using a Shunyata PS8 for my pre-amp, Meridian unit, turntable and phono-stage.

The Denali is breaking in nicely. Trying to borrow a long power cord to connect my pre-amp along with the amps to get a better idea of its potential.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

I had been using Nordost and Quantum products. I had a full loom of Nordost Brahma plus a Quantum QX4, Quantum QBase QB8, and a pair of Quantum QV2s. A few months ago I started making the move to Shunyata products. I swapped out a pair of Brahmas for Alpha HC power cords and the Quantum QX4 and QV2s for a Venom Defender. That was a big upgrade.

Odyssey

Mar 15, 2015

The products I've had in my system over the last 2-3 years have been Furman, Ansuz Mainz8, Torus AVR 20 and the Shunyata Triton.

None of he above have done what the Denali has for my system. Music emerges from blackness. It has never sounded this good.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Thanks for the feedback on power conditioners. I love my stereo now, but ........ :)

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Denali appears to be one hell of a bargain, even at that price!

Ssshhhhh...Don't say that too loud!

Or maybe it's too late already, the bean counters may already have a more ambitious target to hit when the version 2 model comes out next week :p

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
The products I've had in my system over the last 2-3 years have been Furman, Ansuz Mainz8, Torus AVR 20 and the Shunyata Triton.

None of he above have done what the Denali has for my system. Music emerges from blackness. It has never sounded this good.

Were you using the TritonV1 or V2? Curious as I own a V1 Triton. Thinking about having Shunyata upgrade it to a V2 or do I go Denali?

hmmmm

Odyssey

Mar 15, 2015
Were you using the TritonV1 or V2? Curious as I own a V1 Triton. Thinking about having Shunyata upgrade it to a V2 or do I go Denali?

hmmmm

I was using the Triton V2 in conjunction with the 263 lb Stromtank battery unit referred to in an earlier post on this thread. When using the Triton v2 in isolation it made a noticeable improvement but not on the same scale as the Denali. The Denali is all about getting rid of noise IMO.

Lowering the noise floor in my system reveals much more of the music previously unnoticed by me. I will be buying a second one for my system.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I was using the Triton V2 in conjunction with the 263 lb Stromtank battery unit referred to in an earlier post on this thread. When using the Triton v2 in isolation it made a noticeable improvement but not on the same scale as the Denali. The Denali is all about getting rid of noise IMO.

Lowering the noise floor in my system reveals much more of the music previously unnoticed by me. I will be buying a second one for my system.

Very nice. I was advised by Shunyata that the Triton V2 in their eyes is still "flagship" product. That the V2 upgrade was the way go over the Denail But, after reading this thread I'm curious about trying a Denali now in system to see how it compares over the Triton V1.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Very nice. I was advised by Shunyata that the Triton V2 in their eyes is still "flagship" product. That the V2 upgrade was the way go over the Denail But, after reading this thread I'm curious about trying a Denali now in system to see how it compares over the Triton V1.

I was amazed at the improvement the Triton V2 had over the V1 in noise reduction. I wasn't even aware it was there until the V2 removed it. Same with the Cyclops V2 on each amp. While I am positive Denali is a great product I think I am going to hold off on trying it. On the other hand, if Shunyata would come out with a single solution for amps using a dedicated line then I will be on it immediately.

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
On the other hand, if Shunyata would come out with a single solution for amps using a dedicated line then I will be on it immediately.

I was under the impression that the D2000T was designed exactly for that purpose. Unless you are looking for a two box solution each with its own dedicated power cable into the wall?

There is always the Torus RM20 which does great with big power amps but with that said, if I were to do it over again, I would probably pickup the D2000T instead of the Torus given how big a difference the 6000T made on my front end gear. I keep trying to convince myself that I need to keep my Torus RM20 for the Amps and not re-spend on a Denali D2000T but something tells me that there is even more SQ to be unlocked if I went the 2000T route.

I must resist and continue on being oblivious in order to maintain financial stability :p

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
I was under the impression that the D2000T was designed exactly for that purpose. Unless you are looking for a two box solution each with its own dedicated power cable into the wall? :p

Yes, the Denali 2000T is designed specifically for amplifiers. There is no breaker. We us special alloys at termination junctions, the solid copper CopperConn outlets and new pat-pending technology derived from Caelin's design of the Typhon- our in-parallel $6k product. The 2000T is the product I recommend for amps or any remote (dedicated line) component applications, or an integrated amp/single source system.

I always prefer the products to prove themselves in the market before becoming promotional about them. The Denali models have at this point done that emphatically.

We have a number of pending reviews, but feedback from customers means the most to Caelin, Richard and I, because of the different system contexts and listeners. I now have a variety of feedback from multiple contexts and its been better than with any other products we have ever produced--and we've made some good products over the past 17 years.

Obviously, I never recommend buying without trying, but my confidence in the Denali Series is very high based on dealer, studio, medical and customer feedback.

Time in the market tells the tale on all products. Early returns have me feeling confident these Denali products will be the perfect fit in almost any high-end system because of their advanced high-current and noise reduction capability --and Caelin's design progression. As always, Richard and I are available for system advice and support.

I have been traveling and consulting on basic electrical set up of new new Electro-physiology systems that include Denali related technology. More importantly, we are trying to educate these surgery labs about the proper electrical set up of the systems--wiring, dedicated lines, same-phase, breaker ratings, shielded power cords, isolated ground outlets. It's surprising that segments of the medical industry are so antiquated in their understanding of the importance of proper electrical set up , that they are behind our little cottage industry. Twist-tied power cords unshielded power cords and they wonder openly why they have a noise issue? Please. These labs have something called an RFI Generator that is the base generator that provides heart cauterization and they wonder why they have noise using cheap iso-transformers. If you have heart arrhythmia and need an ablation, be careful of the lab you choose. Our products have revolutionized that procedure.

Caelin's entire family are master electricians. His sister earned an electrician-of-the year honor in a male dominated industry-- no small feat. Caelin's background in dealing with military signal acquisition systems and noise suppression is unmatched in our product category. We know electrical systems-- first. Then, we make some really cool products. :)

I'm no great salesman, in fact I'm not really a salesman at all. I always undersell. But I will say this, when Caelin comes out with new products at whatever price, pay attention, because our POV is competing with lower retail prices, better performance and explainable science. These are the only reasons we are here and we love what we do. It's a specialty--like the finest little-Italy Italian restaurant in NYC, we focus on what we do best. :)

Feel free to contact Richard or I directly with any questions.

Best regards,

Grant

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
While I am positive Denali is a great product I think I am going to hold off on trying it. On the other hand, if Shunyata would come out with a single solution for amps using a dedicated line then I will be on it immediately.

I was under the impression that the D2000T was designed exactly for that purpose. Unless you are looking for a two box solution each with its own dedicated power cable into the wall

You missed my point, and sort of got my point. The D2000T is like the Cyclops. It has two outlets, and requires two power cables, one to the wall, and one to the amp. For people with a dedicated line for each amp, this is an expensive overkill approach. I would like to see a single power cable with the Cyclop/Denali technology built into the cable. I don't care if it is a 'box' in the middle of the cable. One of these at $4K to $6K for an amp is better than two Sigma HC cables and a Denali combination for each amp. Plus a single solution should sound even better since you lose two DTCD drop points where the two power cables enter and leave the Denali.

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
You missed my point, and sort of got my point. The D2000T is like the Cyclops. It has two outlets, and requires two power cables, one to the wall, and one to the amp. For people with a dedicated line for each amp, this is an expensive overkill approach. I would like to see a single power cable with the Cyclop/Denali technology built into the cable. I don't care if it is a 'box' in the middle of the cable. One of these at $4K to $6K for an amp is better than two Sigma HC cables and a Denali combination for each amp. Plus a single solution should sound even better since you lose two DTCD drop points where the two power cables enter and leave the Denali.

I guess most of this depends on wether you feel there is really a need to run separate 20A Wall Recp for each amp. What size is the fuse in each of the Amps?

It appears the Spec sheet for your amps say typical draw is 5A @600w. The power cord is only rated to 15A going to each amp which would be good for just under 1800w assuming your wall voltage can hold a steady 120v at all times.

Then there is the issue of potentially increasing the likelyhood of a ground loop forming by having more than one path to ground for the amps using tow recepticals. Then there is the cost aspect as you mention for running multiple AC conditioners and needing X 4 expensive power cables.

Long story short, some of these concerns could be the result of self inflicted injury moreso than necessity. Lord knows, I'm a fan of overkill as much as the next guy but there is a cost associated with going that route. It's hard to say wether the tech needed to filter noise as well as a full Denali does could be crammed into a much smaller, one piece cable/box form factor.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I also have 2 dedicated 20 amp lines for my monoblocks but I am going to try the Denali 2000T from one of the outlets. Recently an amp manufacturer told me there are some benefits to running both monoblocks from the same 20amp circuit so I no longer feel OCD about it.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
When I was running both amps on a single 20 amp line, the breaker would trip at high volume. Adding a second 20 amp line fixed that, plus it sounded better. However, now instead of the breaker tripping at loud volumes, the drivers fry. :)

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
When I was running both amps on a single 20 amp line, the breaker would trip at high volume. Adding a second 20 amp line fixed that, plus it sounded better. However, now instead of the breaker tripping at loud volumes, the drivers fry. :)

From our point of view, whether in audio, studio or medical, if you run dedicated lines correctly-- meaning equidistant runs of wire, same gauge, run on the same phase on the panel, 20A breakers instead of 15, you will experience superior performance 100% of the time.

Caelin and I are the same exact listeners. It's all about timing, dynamics and 3rd order harmonic decay. "From our perspective", you cannot get that from using chokes, coils. regenerators, transformers, voltage regulators or reactive devices that fight the power supplies in electronics. You could call us passive-ists. We like special alloys --special torque wrench settings for connectors, special solid copper connectors that match all the other copper in the electrical chain for symmetry, cryogenic tanks. We spend mad money on dynamic current pass through--because that reduces noise in and of itself and increases "timing" and dynamics in sound.

Audio systems are all about peak current (excepting digital architecture like routers, NAS, Transports, Servers etc). Amps especially--they pull extremely hard on a line and they kick back about the same amount of noise as digital products do. SO--- would you rather have three 20A breakers that separate mono blocks and offer the system 60A of distributed current across three lines--isolating high-current from sources, or a single 15A or 20A line that puts everything on the same line, competing for peak current and all talking to one another in terms of noise?

Nothing is perfect and we all have unique systems and not all of us can break out separate lines for amps--but if you can, you should. Then I get the questions; well if I do all that and isolate my components on separate lines, I probably don't need your products or I can spend less? The answer in every case is -- the more fine-tuned your power is, the more difference our products make. Disorganized power systems lead to disorganized results. It's one thing to mix and match signal cables for "flavor". Power is different, more black and white, right or wrong. I've been doing this long enough now and traveled into every venue you could imagine that depends on resolution of fine detail, whether in studio or medical imaging, to know that we do power/electrical correctly. Not just in product development (7 patents), but in the basic set up of an electrical system.

Best regards,

Grant

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I also have 2 dedicated 20 amp lines for my monoblocks but I am going to try the Denali 2000T from one of the outlets. Recently an amp manufacturer told me there are some benefits to running both monoblocks from the same 20amp circuit so I no longer feel OCD about it.

I agree. I have three individual 20 amp lines run to my two channel room but currently do not have my amps connected to any of them. When I moved them back to a shared 15 amp circuit their was no sound or performance differences.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
I agree. I have three individual 20 amp lines run to my two channel room but currently do not have my amps connected to any of them. When I moved them back to a shared 15 amp circuit their was no sound or performance differences.

Every system and listener is different. In audio there are very few universal truths, depending on how the electrical system-electronics function together. I will say that the vast majority of systems I have set up or consulted on(and there have been few :) ) function better when separating high-current devices from sources on separate lines -- and from increased peak-current transfer; higher than 15A breaker ratings, same phase, same wire distance to the panel, same gauge-- all that.

We all work with what we have and make our decisions accordingly. There is no right or wrong with subjective impression, only what is right for each system, listener and context.

Regards,

Grant

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing