Shunyata Omega QC, Shunyata Denali 6000 V2 component power isolation

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
FWIW, my Omega AES/EBU is shockingly superior to the Sigma v2, I did not expect that.

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
I know. Even when I ran my interest of upgrading both the Sigma v2 AES/EBU to Omega and the V14 Digital power cable on the Upsampler past Richard who spoke with both Caelin and Grant they didn't think these upgrades were likely to impress. Luckily I was able to get an Alpha v2 power cable from Steven and The Cable Company. That didn't materially reduce the noise level, but hell, it certainly created a more dynamic presentation and took advantage of the speed of the Spectral gear. Only reason I'd originally went with the V14 digital was that their marketing literature specified it for clocks and upsamplers. On faith I went for the Omega AES/EBU's and glad I did. There are so many ways it benefits the system I could spend a day or more. Net: every thing just sounds more real, with greater detail, separation/pinpoint of sources, yada yada yada.

Reactions: ack

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
What is AES/EBU?

Edit: Never mind. I thought the discussion was about power cables. My mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7ryder

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
On faith I went for the Omega AES/EBU's and glad I did. There are so many ways it benefits the system I could spend a day or more. Net: every thing just sounds more real, with greater detail, separation/pinpoint of sources, yada yada yada.
Exactly my experience here. Well done.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
FWIW, my Omega AES/EBU is shockingly superior to the Sigma v2, I did not expect that.
Omega is very special. The Omega USB was also shockingly superior to the Sigma USB.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Omega is very special. The Omega USB was also shockingly superior to the Sigma USB.
I purchased a Omega USB because all the hype , I really didn’t think it was going be as good as it was ,
best cable I bought to date getting a 2nd for other system

Reactions: kennyb123

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yup

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Let me tell you about my experience. I first had a Denali 6000v2 with a Sigma XC. Then I went to an Everest + Sigma XC and finally to an Everest + Omega XC. All the changes were positive, but not equally positive. If you have to choose between Denali 6000V2 + Omega XC and Everest + Sigma XC, my experience is that you choose the latter, hands down. Make numbers and talk to your dealer to get the 6000V2 for you.
i have Everest + sigma XC. Was omega a significant upgrade? Curious about this!

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I purchased a Omega USB because all the hype , I really didn’t think it was going be as good as it was ,
best cable I bought to date getting a 2nd for other system
Amen. One of the most influential cable updates I have experienced!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
i have Everest + sigma XC. Was omega a significant upgrade? Curious about this!
The change of cable is really appreciated, now well not as much, as changing the Denali for Everest. As the price difference is important I would try first.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
The change of cable is really appreciated, now well not as much, as changing the Denali for Everest. As the price difference is important I would try first.
@nonesup Are you saying going from Sigma XC to Omega XC was not that significant of an upgrade all other things considered?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I say that in my opinion the change from Denali 6000 S2 to Everest was more significant than the one from Sigma XC to Omega XC. But now rereading the post I see that you already have Everest, in that case I do recommend buying Omega XC.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
I say that in my opinion the change from Denali 6000 S2 to Everest was more significant than the one from Sigma XC to Omega XC. But now rereading the post I see that you already have Everest, in that case I do recommend buying Omega XC.
I don't actually have the Everest yet, trying to figure out if I go Shunyata, where to put money first.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
How you liking your Omega AES/EBU cables? I upgraded the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler to DAC from Sigma v2's and these are surprisingly much better. I like the black look by the way, especially considering dCS's habit of using black background for their displays.

I'm still searching for an appropriate sized mountain climber to place atop my Everest...
Not surprised based on trying some Omega clock cables for the master clock to the Rossini. Really big upgrade over the Apogee Wydeeye 75 ohm cables.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I should mention that the Omega 75 ohm cables are still breaking in. Using a 407 track playlist on auto to do the break-in. I hear that Day 3-4 is where the magic really begins. We are on Day 2.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I should mention that the Omega 75 ohm cables are still breaking in. Using a 407 track playlist on auto to do the break-in. I hear that Day 3-4 is where the magic really begins. We are on Day 2.

In the past Shunyata suggested using a fan.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Best think about breaking in clock and other digital cables is that they are "always on, always routing clock sync" so you can literally just hook them up and let the transport + DAC, etc...idle 24x7 or also spin tunes (or stream) with low or no volume.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing