Shunyata Theta/Gamma Lines - Do they surpass the Delta/Venom of the previous generation?

Gamma NR just arrived.
First impression is very good. Definitely a construction that far surpasses the former Venom/Delta feel. And I love that it comes with a plug insert!

Going to burn in.

IMG_4820.jpegIMG_4821.jpeg

Update on my previous post on Theta Ethernet cable. It’s been 8 days since installing and now have a mere 30-40 hours on it… and yet the cable is already beginning to reveal its magic.
- Incredible detail, very resolving, transparent
- Remarkable, vastly improved sound-staging.
- Improved imaging
- Improved, iron grip on the lower end. Best my REL subs have ever sounded.
- Beautiful elevation of vocals, a fine, natural decay of musical notes.

Honestly, I’d not thought an Ethernet cable could make such a meaningful contribution to sound quality, particularly given I’ve got an optical feed traveling through it from my EtherRegen to my Antipodes K-41. It’s a fantastic upside surprise for which I was unprepared. Clean, detailed, BIG soundstage that is worth far more than the $500 cost. Shunyata has hit a home run. And it will improve once I get closer to 100 hours I’m told!
What cable are you using from the wall to the EtherRegen?

I'll be plugging my Ethernet cable directly from the wall outlet to my Playback Designs MPS-X streamer. So curious about the EtherRegen as it would be an extra circuit. You are using an Optical cable from EtherRegen to Antipodes? What does the EtherRegen do for your system. Thanks.

Update on my previous post on Theta Ethernet cable. It’s been 8 days since installing and now have a mere 30-40 hours on it… and yet the cable is already beginning to reveal its magic.
- Incredible detail, very resolving, transparent
- Remarkable, vastly improved sound-staging.
- Improved imaging
- Improved, iron grip on the lower end. Best my REL subs have ever sounded.
- Beautiful elevation of vocals, a fine, natural decay of musical notes.

Honestly, I’d not thought an Ethernet cable could make such a meaningful contribution to sound quality, particularly given I’ve got an optical feed traveling through it from my EtherRegen to my Antipodes K-41. It’s a fantastic upside surprise for which I was unprepared. Clean, detailed, BIG soundstage that is worth far more than the $500 cost. Shunyata has hit a home run. And it will improve once I get closer to 100 hours I’m told!

what was your previous ethernet cable?

Most recently I had the Supra, the DH Labs Silversonic and the Synergistic Foundation SX. This Shunyata has hit it out of the park for me.

What cable are you using from the wall to the EtherRegen?

I'll be plugging my Ethernet cable directly from the wall outlet to my Playback Designs MPS-X streamer. So curious about the EtherRegen as it would be an extra circuit. You are using an Optical cable from EtherRegen to Antipodes? What does the EtherRegen do for your system. Thanks.
This writer/ reviewer can describe in far better detail than I. I cannot recommend highly enough. You’ve got a superb unit there. It deserves the best .. https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/uptone-audio-etherregen-review-and-comparison-r887/

This writer/ reviewer can describe in far better detail than I. I cannot recommend highly enough. You’ve got a superb unit there. It deserves the best .. https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/uptone-audio-etherregen-review-and-comparison-r887/
I'm gonna get the Shunyata Theta cable for sure. But I need ATT to put an ethernet port near my equipment rack. I don't know where they will pull the signal from to get it there though. From another line inside my house? Or from the street? But I will ask them about using fiber opric hopefully from the street or maybe the side of my house to where they place the ethernet port...I don't know if I need to use an EtherRegen switcher from the wall port or go straight into my Playback Designs streamer from the wall. This is all new to me!!....Thanks!

I don't know if I need to use an EtherRegen switcher from the wall port or go straight into my Playback Designs streamer from the wall
As for the Ethernet cable, you’ll be thrilled with results. Regarding AT&T and such, I dunno. My home was pre-wired when I bought it new in 2016 so the line is coming out of my laundry room and snakes all the way through to my wall where my entertainment system is. My ISP provider runs fiber from outside station to this room and. I use their router to feed everything out to the home. I run an ethernet cable from that entertainment wall into a 24 port Araknis Switch. From that switch, I run an ethernet cable out to the EtherREGEN switch. It’s quite simple actually. There are many YouTube videos and reviews on this item and you can always call Alex Crespi aka @Superdad at Uptone Audio as he is happy to answer whatever questions you may have.

Reactions: Superdad
As for the Ethernet cable, you’ll be thrilled with results. Regarding AT&T and such, I dunno. My home was pre-wired when I bought it new in 2016 so the line is coming out of my laundry room and snakes all the way through to my wall where my entertainment system is. My ISP provider runs fiber from outside station to this room and. I use their router to feed everything out to the home. I run an ethernet cable from that entertainment wall into a 24 port Araknis Switch. From that switch, I run an ethernet cable out to the EtherREGEN switch. It’s quite simple actually. There are many YouTube videos and reviews on this item and you can always call Alex Crespi aka @Superdad at Uptone Audio as he is happy to answer whatever questions you may have.
Thank you....My house was built in '94 so I don't know if ATT used FO then. But I keep getting mailers from Blue Stream about their FO upgrades if I switch to them. My WiFi modem is upstairs with my desktop and it's using VDSL and VOIP phone jacks with special filters to the Modem. And downstairs there are only phone jacks as well so I don't even know if there is new tech Ethernet run to my house! I'll need to hear from ATT 1st to see what is here and how they approach the task as FO is a must. As far switches, I need to learn why I'd need those in between the wall and the Shunyata Theta and my Playback Designs Streamer. I would think the Playback Designs Streamer and MPD-8 DAC should be able to clean up the signal well but maybe switches still help.

Thank you....My house was built in '94 so I don't know if ATT used FO then. But I keep getting mailers from Blue Stream about their FO upgrades if I switch to them. My WiFi modem is upstairs with my desktop and it's using VDSL and VOIP phone jacks with special filters to the Modem. And downstairs there are only phone jacks as well so I don't even know if there is new tech Ethernet run to my house! I'll need to hear from ATT 1st to see what is here and how they approach the task as FO is a must. As far switches, I need to learn why I'd need those in between the wall and the Shunyata Theta and my Playback Designs Streamer. I would think the Playback Designs Streamer and MPD-8 DAC should be able to clean up the signal well but maybe switches still help.
Geez, sounds like a cluster! I would suggest you just do a search for ISP providers in your market and have a consult with whichever company you believe provides the most reliable solution at the best price. I have no idea which market you are in and sincerely doubt that any provider have fiber some 30 years ago. Once you make a decision let them know what you have and what you WANT and if they can get you from A-B. If not you can go to an app like Thumbtack and look for a good tech who specializes in such work. Plenty out there for sure. Good luck!

Reactions: Vinylshadow
Geez, sounds like a cluster! I would suggest you just do a search for ISP providers in your market and have a consult with whichever company you believe provides the most reliable solution at the best price. I have no idea which market you are in and sincerely doubt that any provider have fiber some 30 years ago. Once you make a decision let them know what you have and what you WANT and if they can get you from A-B. If not you can go to an app like Thumbtack and look for a good tech who specializes in such work. Plenty out there for sure. Good luck!
Thanks!

Any word on the Delta replacement? It's discontinued and there's a price gap between the Theta and Alpha.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing