Simaudio Moon 761 and 861 amps

craigr

Dec 5, 2022
I am considering the Simaudio North Collection 761 or 861 amp. My dealer only has a single 761. Does anyone have experience with these amps and would be kind enough to relate the sonic differences between the 861 and 761?

Also, for these particular amps (which are described as dual mono that can be bridged to mono), does anyone have experience with bridging the stereo unit and using two as mono blocks? Is this really worth the price for this particular design?

I wil be listening to classical music. I know cables and components influence the sound of any amp, so my system consists of Sonus Faber Il Cremonese speakers, dCS Rossini Apex DAC, AMG turntable, VAC Master preamp, Shunyata Sigma power cords with Everest Conditioner and Shunyata Omega interconnects and speaker cables.

Thanks to anyone who responds.
Craig

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu