So what’s happens upon installing Magico’s MPods AFTER you have reach perfect speaker placement?

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Well you pull the pins!

After the M3 speaker positioning was finalized, I wanted to get a better feel of the speaker so sat patiently allowing hours and days to pass while the speakers break in. From what I have heard, the MPods are a game changer and a must for the M series, so finally I was ready to move forward and pull these pins.

I invited an audiophile friend to come over so I would have two heads hear the result. We started by playing some familiar tracks we were both accustomed to, then it was time. Once we pulled the pins from the first speaker there was a sense of clarity, then again at the second speaker there was again an immediate sense of clarity. Moving back to the listening position my friend heard a much more wider sound stage, and as I jumped back I heard much more focus as well as the outer harmonics now forming a wall-to-wall sound stage as his initial comment indicated; these 300lb animals now truly disappeared within the room.

The MPods are designed using constrained layer damping, much like how skyscrapers are constructed. Installation was over carpet on concrete. I will revisit the use of footers, including the QPods under select components - stay tuned.

Long Live Audio!

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    608.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 27

RSFN

Jun 14, 2021
Well you pull the pins!

After the M3 speaker positioning was finalized, I wanted to get a better feel of the speaker so sat patiently allowing hours and days to pass while the speakers break in. From what I have heard, the MPods are a game changer and a must for the M series, so finally I was ready to move forward and pull these pins.

I invited an audiophile friend to come over so I would have two heads hear the result. We started by playing some familiar tracks we were both accustomed to, then it was time. Once we pulled the pins from the first speaker there was a sense of clarity, then again at the second speaker there was again an immediate sense of clarity. Moving back to the listening position my friend heard a much more wider sound stage, and as I jumped back I heard much more focus as well as the outer harmonics now forming a wall-to-wall sound stage as his initial comment indicated; these 300lb animals now truly disappeared within the room.

The MPods are designed using constrained layer damping, much like how skyscrapers are constructed. Installation was over carpet on concrete. I will revisit the use of footers, including the QPods under select components - stay tuned.

Long Live Audio!
Its just an amazing product, same kind of results here and My speakers are Rockports.

Reactions: Audire

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Well you pull the pins!

Long Live Audio!
They look good as well as improving the sound.

Reactions: Audire

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
Do the mpods require maintenance? Does the blue disc deform over time?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Do the mpods require maintenance? Does the blue disc deform over time?

I’ve had my M3s for app. a year now. They just keep producing their magic - increased resolution, more focused imaging and improved soundstage....

I haven’t seen or read anything where the blue disk gets deformed. It would be a real bummer if that happened on skyscrapers, etc. The constrained layer damping (CLD) used in the MPODs is also used by NASA and such agencies to reduce vibration, etc. It’s used on the Space Station as well. The CLD concept is brilliant IMO.

The MPODs just plain work.

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com
Another testament to isolating and not spiking speaker systems on concrete slabs.. I started my audiofoolness (MANY decades ago) with spiking, but for a couple decades I've been an isolatist.. I'm barely a GEA, requiring much time with the product to hear differences.. But then (if possible) I reverse the change, and usually it's much easier to hear.

I'll never forget a dialog with Steve Herbelin (sp?) about spiking or isolating speaker systems on concrete slabs; he wrote that you only think your concrete floor doesn't vibrate.. He certainly was correct about my old concrete-slab floor.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing