Sources for used gear value pricing

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Hi all,

Sorry to say my house was a victim of the South Fork Fire near Ruidoso, NM. Total loss including a 40 year music library. I am adjusting to the reality and doing fine. Please note that I am not looking for nor expecting any sympathy or condolences. Unexpected tragedies happen and that's just part of life. Fortunately, minimal loss of life. Am moving on and plan on returning to area to purchase another residence. I humbly request your help.

Need internet sources for reasonable, defensible current sale prices / value on used Pass Labs, Conrad Johnson and Luxman gear along with Shunyata Research wire to submit for documentation to accompany my insurance "contents" claim. More than willing to pay reasonable fee for information. Ages vary from five to fifteen years. All were functional and well cared for.

Thank you all very much for your assistance in advance.

Gordon

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: ctydwn and PYP
Very sad for your loss.
Audiogon offers a “blue book.” Someone like Steve Javaherian (High Performance Stereo) may be able to do an appraisal since he trades in used gear. Also The Music Room may have the expertise since used gear is their specialty.

Best wishes as you recover.

Reactions: facten and PYP
It sounds like you’ve found the strength to deal with what life has thrown at you. I would suggest Hifishark.com, you can look up what a piece of gear is selling for and what it’s sold for.

I agree on the above sources.

Based upon your stating that you are looking for used pricing that suggests that your homeowners policy was cash coverage versus replacement coverage for personal property. If however it is the later you want to look for the current cost to similarly replace the items. Best of luck to you and your family as you go through this.

It sounds like you’ve found the strength to deal with what life has thrown at you. I would suggest Hifishark.com, you can look up what a piece of gear is selling for and what it’s sold for.
I agree that HiFiShark is probably the best source of used prices, though the Sold / Expired section shows only the price being asked when the item was removed from the list - not the price it actually fetched.

You can filter as required - Europe, N America or individual country - and can choose the price adjusted for your chosen Currency.

They pick up most classified ads including scan ones so take care if buying!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu