Stephen Stills' Love the One Your With

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think this is a timeless kind of song with a great harmony from the Laurel Canyon era.

It also was recorded several times by CS&N and CSN&Y, and covered by several other groups and artists.

What is your favorite recording of this song?

What is your favorite version of this song?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Great song musically, but I don't like the free love lyrics.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Great song musically, but I don't like the free love lyrics.

I agree fully on both points.

I think I mistakenly thought that this song was recorded originally by the Mamas and the Papas, because I think it has that group's "sound" and signature harmony.

Reactions: Al M.

Mossback

I clearly remember first hearing this song on the radio in High School. The original release is my favorite but the live version from four way street is lovely too.
The song is more about loving others in general I always thought not just casual sex. But I could be wrong.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing