Steve's THE Show 2014 Pictures

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks for all the hard work Steve!

One thing. Anyone else having an issue loading the pages? My computer keeps crashing on each page and have to reload several times. :(

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks for all the hard work Steve!

One thing. Anyone else having an issue loading the pages? My computer keeps crashing on each page and have to reload several times. :(

no problem at my end Myles

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
+1 Was along the same thoughts. Lot of work there. Thanks again ...

I missed a few of the larger booths as they were closed when I came around

Overall, I was underwhelmed. The same rooms that were good at CES and RMAF were just as good this show. IOW there were some very good rooms but I've heard them at other shows so no change.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I had problems on my tablet . . . moved to the Mac Pro and had no problems. They are pretty dense pages.

Yes that was what I was thinking too. Very graphics intensive.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I missed a few of the larger booths as they were closed when I came around

Overall, I was underwhelmed. The same rooms that were good at CES and RMAF were just as good this show. IOW there were some very good rooms but I've heard them at other shows so no change.

Hope you're feeling better, Steve :) Thanks for shooting and posting the pics!

Sonny and I have attended RMAF 2009 and have never attended CES.
I wonder if 'show' fatigue has set in? It occurred to me attendance was lower this year.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thanks for the pictures, Steve. I missed the show this year since we're going to LA next week. Wasn't up for two trips in a short time frame.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for all the pictures Steve.
Really good to see over here in England.
Happily no problems with my dell inspiron 17SE.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Great pictures, Steve. Too bad you couldn't do the whole show :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Did anyone hear the Analysis Audio magneplanar speakers?

cakeaudio

Jun 8, 2012
Southern California
Thank you Steve for capturing the show (Since we were exhibiting - I couldn't leave my room to check very much out). Of course I saved some money by not being able to go downstairs and buy more albums from Chad :)

Ken

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm sure you mean "planar-magnetic" ;)
I think it was their smallest model (about 4' tall) and it was pretty well-matched to the (small) room. Nice imaging, pretty smooth midrange and treble, but a bit thin in the vocal region (~200-600 Hz) and of course very little response under about 50-60 Hz, so it avoided some of the problems with the 50-60 Hz room node. I think tube amps but beyond that I can't remember.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'm sure you mean "planar-magnetic" ;)
I think it was their smallest model (about 4' tall) and it was pretty well-matched to the (small) room. Nice imaging, pretty smooth midrange and treble, but a bit thin in the vocal region (~200-600 Hz) and of course very little response under about 50-60 Hz, so it avoided some of the problems with the 50-60 Hz room node. I think tube amps but beyond that I can't remember.

I'd be interested to hear how they compare to the Apogees of similar size.

Lee
Thanks for that...I was looking up stats after the Neolith came out and saw some reviews on the Audio Analysis...they do look like Apogees. But their tech is planar magnetic I guess. In any event, they certainly seemed like an intriguing speaker. They certainly seem to have stuck to their guns as well on the bass part...their 4-speaker reference uses seven foot panels for the bass towers!

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010

Yes, it seems every time I hear an Analysis Audio loudspeaker it generates a favorable impression.
Then, again, I have two pairs of Beveridge speakers and listen to Dali MegaLine III's :cool:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Thanks to Steve and Mike for the photos. I don't umderstand how so many rooms failed. You can blame the room but where did they fail,soundstage? Atleast they shound sound musical,I mean come on,this is high end isn't it.;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing