Streaming

I do not use a VPN to connect my Innuos to Qobuz.

No, never. I'm not sure why one would ever do that. A VPN will slow down the connection speed. And what would it be protecting you from? Maybe I'm just not sufficiently paranoid to do this. I really don't care if someone is able to see what I'm streaming.

No, never. I'm not sure why one would ever do that. A VPN will slow down the connection speed. And what would it be protecting you from? Maybe I'm just not sufficiently paranoid to do this. I really don't care if someone is able to see what I'm streaming.
Well-I’m not sure I would classify use of a VPN as paranoia—but I ,like you, have not been using a VPN for streaming either... Only for general internet usage. Was curious if people
Using VPN for general internet activity-like myself..also extended it for streaming purposes.

I have a VLAN set up on my network. The music network only needs two active ports, for my network music storage drive and my streamer. The streamer is connected via a fibre optic port (the two separate ones on the right).

What it does is stop traffic unrelated to audio bouncing down the audio ports. It costs $100 because you need a small controller box.

I'm not using it at the moment because I need to use Roon on both networks and I've not yet asked how to set up a shared port for the Roon Server (which I assume is possible).

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 15.25.02.png

Reactions: Re-tread
I have a VLAN set up on my network. The music network only needs two active ports, for my network music storage drive and my streamer. The streamer is connected via a fibre optic port (the two separate ones on the right).

What it does is stop traffic unrelated to audio bouncing down the audio ports. It costs $100 because you need a small controller box.

I'm not using it at the moment because I need to use Roon on both networks and I've not yet asked how to set up a shared port for the Roon Server (which I assume is possible).

View attachment 137715
Interesting indeed…

Reactions: Re-tread

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu