Swiss Digital Fuse Box Anyone?

I have tested it. I test against a slug of high purity copper that provides no protection at all. It is not quite as good as no protection at all, but much better than any fuse IMHO. The design is not as heavy as I would like and may be inadequate for a very high current amp. I am using a very low power SET and it is more than adequate. If you're running a big class A SS amp, you'll want to talk to the manufacturer and do your own testing. Jerry
It HAS to be better than ANY fuse.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
Good Morning

220/240 Swiss Digital FUSE BOX now available up to 5 amps at this time.

If you have any questions or needs - please e-mail me at verafiaudio@gmail.com

Thanks very much

Mark
Hi Mark;

One a bit specific question maybe - as I have Nagra VPA mono blocks which use two 5A slow blow fuses per block what should be the configuration of SDFB? And in sense of ordering how to order with two sluggos?

Thanks in advance!

G

OK I made a jump and ordered two SDFBs for my Nagra VPA blocks as somehow I was waiting for quite some time to get one more missing SR Purple fuse (I need 4).
I am not really a big fuse believer as I tried many without any or minimal benefit and the first one I noticed something was SR Purple.
Reading this thread and the info about SDFB, it was the first "fuse" that made sense and it had logic behind hence I decided to try it.
So first things first - contact with Mark and Damien was absolutely a pure joy - super nice and helpful guys (i ordered wrong connectors on the piggy tail) while also keeping their word in sense of timings (which for me is super important!).
Secondly, goodies arrived super fast (yesterday) nicely and neatly packed which is also a big plus with very clear instruction manual (not that it is a rocket science but still I appreciate the effort someone puts in writing a manual).
Sluggos and piggy tail look really professionally done while SDFB box is sturdy and also nicely put together.
Took me several minutes to install the things on the mono blocks and both green lights after blinking several times turned into solid green so I was ready to go.
Some impressions will follow soon as I managed just now to start listening to the music - but so far so good.
Few pictures of the goodies..
IMG_6249.jpegIMG_6250.jpeg

OK I made a jump and ordered two SDFBs for my Nagra VPA blocks as somehow I was waiting for quite some time to get one more missing SR Purple fuse (I need 4).
I am not really a big fuse believer as I tried many without any or minimal benefit and the first one I noticed something was SR Purple.
Reading this thread and the info about SDFB, it was the first "fuse" that made sense and it had logic behind hence I decided to try it.
So first things first - contact with Mark and Damien was absolutely a pure joy - super nice and helpful guys (i ordered wrong connectors on the piggy tail) while also keeping their word in sense of timings (which for me is super important!).
Secondly, goodies arrived super fast (yesterday) nicely and neatly packed which is also a big plus with very clear instruction manual (not that it is a rocket science but still I appreciate the effort someone puts in writing a manual).
Sluggos and piggy tail look really professionally done while SDFB box is sturdy and also nicely put together.
Took me several minutes to install the things on the mono blocks and both green lights after blinking several times turned into solid green so I was ready to go.
Some impressions will follow soon as I managed just now to start listening to the music - but so far so good.
View attachment 132886View attachment 132888
Really love my SDFB.

View attachment 132886View attachment 132888

Look forward to your report. I’ve got a pair coming soon too. And yes, Mark is super nice.

Last edited:
Based on what I hear now and incorporating price point of SDFB vs. some insanely and even less insanely priced fuses with mambo jumbo alien technology behind, there is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind SDFB is the way to go.

It sounds as if you never heard any benefits from upgraded fuses?
As I stated above in my post regarding SDFB - first fuse i heard some benefit was SR Purple and SDFB kicks it out easily. As the model above is already 20% or more above the price of SDFB there is just no point to even think of it (for me at least).
But I'll take SDFB to a friend's place in the next two weeks who is a hard-core fuse roller, and we'll see.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
I’m just wondering if anyone has preferred their upgraded standard fuse to the Swiss/sluggo?
Not here in my equipment. Will never go any other direction other than the SDFB in any component.

It sounds as if you never heard any benefits from upgraded fuses?

Not clear what your question is. While I await a couple of SDFB, I’ve got all QSA red and red-black fuses in my system. They left the SR Purple and pre-Master AM beeswax fuses well behind, but at a the pretty penny even of Tweek Geek’s inventory clearance prices 18 months ago. Think of fuses as the last stage of the power cord from source to the component’s power supply, with aftermarket fuses trying to get more out of what the power cord has to offer. The SDFB handles that in a different way, but the basic idea is the same.

The other thing to be aware of is that a fuse is a component like any other, with its own sound, intentionally voiced in the case of aftermarket fuses. Thus, one may or may not like that voicing (I couldn’t stand that of the SR Blue). The SDFB tries to accommodate that issue by providing a choice of sluggos that have different effects on the neutral-warmth continuum (and in whatever other ways).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing