Swiss High End 2019: 26th and 27th of October

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Dear European WBF members (and anyone else who fancies a trip to Switzerland). We will again be presenting at this year's Swiss High End show in the Movenpick hotel in lovely Regensdorf (about 300 meters from my home). On demo this year will be the following:

Aries Cerat Genus integrated amplifier
Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC
Dynamikks Athos 10 loudspeakers
Lucas Audio Lab music server
Wireworld Silver Eclipse interconnects and loudspeaker cables
NBS Black label II power cables
Savar Systems rack

Anyone who visits the show on Saturday from the WBF is welcome to come over for a small Apero at my place following the close of the show for that day. Just come to me at the show and introduce yourself and you are invited!

Cheers,
Brad

Reactions: howiebrou and Golum

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
Hello

Any report(s) from this show? With all the TOTL Swiss audio brands and the others it must have been an amazing show with great systems?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hello

Any report(s) from this show? With all the TOTL Swiss audio brands and the others it must have been an amazing show with great systems?
Other than Nagra, which sounded it’s usual pretty good, I would say the big Swiss brands didn’t represent that well. Ok, Goldmund (first time I have seen them at this show) were decent as well. There was a big room with the Triangle Magellan speaker driven by many boxes of CH Precision that managed to sound very thin with not much lower mid/upper bass. This made one of my favorite tracks from E.S.T (Tides of Trepidation) sound rather unfamiliar as it is underpinned by a strong Acoustic bass line. I have heard this speaker with tubes and it seems to be happier and that way.

Reactions: christoph

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I'll second what @morricab already wrote with a bit extended list what sounded good/great in the show circumstances. As Brad is modest :) - their room was excellent, Nagra & Goldmund (mentioned), Dynaudio and for me room with Trenner & Friedl speakers. Heard some smallest model and it was just fantastic.
I'm not really sure who was a genius behind the idea of CHP with Triangle speakers but that was a serious ear pinching with ice pick experience. Rest of the rooms average and the entire show I would say is loosing on the attractiveness in terms of number of rooms and brands presented (IMHO).
Anyhow spend a beautiful weekend with friends, met some people from forum in person and at the end that counts.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Was Brinkmann there as well?
The last couple of years they managed a decent and agreable Sound in that little Corner room... :cool:

moby2004

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for your reports. It’s a pity for the show if most of the rooms were (very) disappointing...

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Was Brinkmann there as well?
The last couple of years they managed a decent and agreable Sound in that little Corner room... :cool:
This year with little floorstanding YGs and well, they should have stuck with Vandersteens...

Reactions: Golum and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
This year with little floorstanding YGs and well, they should have stuck with Vandersteens...
Thank you for your impression :eek:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Yes - agree - dry and boring ie lifeless

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Can anyone comment on the Nagra Dac X if it was there? Morricab, it appears you have been in many Nagra rooms at different shows throughout the years, any thoughts on this new dac?

Dave

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Can anyone comment on the Nagra Dac X if it was there? Morricab, it appears you have been in many Nagra rooms at different shows throughout the years, any thoughts on this new dac?

Dave

Yes, I have but to tell exactly how one piece in the system performed compared to other Nagra systems without it is a nearly impossible task as rooms, speakers, models of Nagra components is constantly changing.

Interestingly, the best I have ever heard a Nagra setup sound was in Munich in 2016. And funny enough it was mostly with their lower, classic line of electronics feeding a Wilson Alexia

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/munich-2016-show-report-part-1/

The next year was with the Wilson Alex in the same room but sounded much worse. 2018 was also not so good with the new HD amps. Nagra with YG was pretty good though (Hailey something or other I think).

Reactions: Golum

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
I figured as much, not a lot of info out there other than its price and specs. Thanks Brad

Dave

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing