T+A PA 3100 HV VS Gryphon Diablo 300

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I've not heard the Diablo 300, it has earned a great reputation for good reason I'd imagine. I don't doubt it could be just the ticket.

Is it the only option at or near it's price, I wouldn't be so sure. Ypsilon's Pantheon and Analog Domain's MP75 intergrated of the amps I've experienced spring to mind. Which would perform better in any one system would more likely be down to the system and the preference of the listener than just the amps themselves.

Aavik are another obvious choice though I've not heard them.

I had Aavik on demo at home when I owned Verity Leonore. I thought it was quite poor.

I know the analog domain well as Bill owned it for a while and another friend in west Hampstead owns it. It is a clean, fast, neutral, amp, good for those who want to focus on the source upstream, and like an amp that shows the changes in source and recordings. It is particularly a fantastic fit with the Lampi 242, due to phenomenal gain match, which Bill used with his analog domain, and which I also play at my other friend's place. He did like the FM 108 better than his own amp in a demo, though a completely different sound. Analog domain is also excellent for an analog based system where the owner likes playing with analog changes and recordings. The Vitus is also good for flow and current

Last edited:

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I see. So Vitus comes into the evaluation now...thanks a ton.

I have demoed most integrated up to 50K including Vitus SIA-030 and the one that stood out for me is the Audionet Humboldt.

Last edited:

Fidelity88

Jan 22, 2020
I have owned both T+A PA3100 and Gryphon Diablo 300 as well as D’Agostino Momentum Amp which was replaced all previous amps with the Absolare Integrated Signature without any regrets...in fact it was a musical revelation for this little integrated amplifier to deliver performance that outperformed what came before! Seductive sound with warm and sweet and superbly powerful.

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Analog domain is also excellent for an analog based system where the owner likes playing with analog changes and recordings.

Sounds good to me :)

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, bringing back one of my old threads been living with my Diablo 300 for a year now and unfortunately even though it is a very powerful integrated and this is the main reason i chose it in the first place for my Thiel speakers it is not refined and musical like i would like it to be.
I'm not saying it's a bad amp, it just doesn't suit my speakers in terms of musicality and engagement.
Until i can afford Aries Cerat gear one day i'm looking on the used market for a very musical integrated that would make my Thiel sing.
The one i have in mind that many people suggest me is the Vitus SIA-025.
Do you guys think the Vitus with it's 25w of pure class A will be able to handle my Thiels in a medium size room ?
The SIA-025 is pretty difficult to find on the used market but i'm not in a hurry.
If you guys know of other used pure class A integrated in the 10k price range please let me know.

Reactions: gentcan

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi guys, bringing back one of my old threads been living with my Diablo 300 for a year now and unfortunately even though it is a very powerful integrated and this is the main reason i chose it in the first place for my Thiel speakers it is not refined and musical like i would like it to be.
I'm not saying it's a bad amp, it just doesn't suit my speakers in terms of musicality and engagement.
Until i can afford Aries Cerat gear one day i'm looking on the used market for a very musical integrated that would make my Thiel sing.
Do you guys think the Vitus with it's 25w of pure class A will be able to handle my Thiels in a medium size room ?
The SIA-025 is pretty difficult to find on the used market but i'm not in a hurry.
If you guys know of other used pure class A integrated in the 10k price range please let me know.
Hi there
About six years ago I moved from Naim NAP 500/552DR to a Vitus 025 SIA. At the time I was using YG Acoustic Carmels and later upgraded to YG Kipod Signature passives both of which are 87/88db sensitivity.At the time I was a bit sceptical as to whether the Vitus would be powerful enough, but was assured that it would not be a poblem. I was able to try it at home for a couple of weeks and poower was simply not an issue so I bought it and never regretted my decision. Indeed, I subsequently upgraded to the 030.
The 025 is a really involving and musical amp and transparent too. My room is 21x12 feet and about 7 foot high. I also think they look good and they have an AV out in their three RCA and three balanced inputs so versatile too. I have no experince of the Thiels, but unless they are particularly low sensitivity they should not be a problem.

Nathanu

VIP/Donor
Dec 14, 2020
I used to own the T+A PA 3100HV. It is very competent but I too found it to be a bit analytical and lacking in emotion. At least in my system at the time which included the Kharma S7S speakers. I have no experience with Thiel. What I found more problematic for me with my (rather inefficient) speakers was that, for all of its acclaimed bandwidth and power, I felt that the T+A would benefit from a more robust power supply. I expect this could be resolved by the external power supply offered by T+A, but then you might as well consider separates; I ended up going the route of separates but I understand that it is not for everyone. The T+A could be perfect for your Thiel speakers though. Perhaps you can get a trial listen.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thanks guys, i will not consider the T+A as it is not on the musical camp.
Either a used Vitis SIA 025 or RI-101 Mk2 new.
Have you guys ever heard of the Kora TB400 ? it's a special hybrid design.

b345t

May 10, 2020
I own a T+A PA 3100HV and a/b it with Luxman L-509X and the older entry Vitus. I could never call the t+a over-analytical and sterile. It has a lot of power and bass and feels 'fast' but is always very musical. I'm using the focal sopra 2 for now that can be over analytical and bright with the wrong pairing. I'd say the Vitus is more refined, the t+a more 'rocking' and powerful. No dryness.

Reactions: bryans

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018

Thieliste, you are trying to solve a problem with an incorrect solution (the amp).

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thieliste, you are trying to solve a problem with an incorrect solution (the amp).I can
I can asure you the problem in my system is the amp because to be sure i have already A/Bd 2 other integrated against it in my system the Audionet Humboldt and the Audia Flight FLS10.
Both of these integrated are much more musical than the Diablo 300, the Diablo is a muscle amp that sounds forward and mechanical on speakers like mine.
If i'm being rude i can even say my Diablo 300 is the bottleneck of my system, it just doesn't make it sing.
I will keep on demoing other amps the Kora TB400 hybrid integrated and the Gryphon Essence pre-power will be coming my way very soon
Stay tuned.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys good news i found a dealer who is ready to lend me his demo Vitus SIA-025 Mk2.
This is supposed to be the most musical SS integrated out there, we will see...

Reactions: b345t

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
Hi mate,
There’s one available in Ebay but from Oz. You need a step down transformer then.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing