T.H.E. Show 2022 Long Beach

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
So i guess most of you guys dislike kharma exquisite series then .
If you dislike inert speaker cabinets??

I have only heard Kharma in audio shows including @ Munich. Always very disappointing. I don’t take much away from that though.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
love Kharma, but maybe too honest for shows sometimes. not going to add drama. more get out of the way of the music.

very coherent and natural sounding, not highlighted. musical truth in the right system and room.

Last edited:
Reactions: andromedaaudio

Redwoodaudio

Aug 25, 2021
This was my first audio show and I enjoyed it greatly. Was kind of glad there weren't infinite number of rooms to check out and relatively low traffic overall.

My favorite rooms:
Acora/Audio Research - Coherent, dynamic, giant stage (have read so much about the Acoras it was great to hear them in person)
Graham/Moonriver - Coherent, vibrant (and cool to get to see a new version of my personal speaker the LS5/5)
Devore/Audio Hungary - Rich, vibrant, coherent (my first taste of the Devore sound)
AGD/Ocean Way - Dynamic, crystal clear, dead quiet (class D done very well, but a little too analytical/bloodless ultimately -- I want to hear more Ocean Way, though!)
Stenheim/CH Precision - Kind of perfect, if also outrageously expensive setup
Tonian Labs - Most transparent speaker in the show, IMO (driven by Denon/Marantz - nicely understated)
Wavetouch Audio - small very transparent and coherent standmount speaker
PBN - they were nice enough to let me request Taiko drumming Kodo track which blew me away on those big horns (less impressive on Harry Belafonte record)

Didn't enjoy the Estelon/Soulution/Synergistic, Gryphon rooms as much as I would have hoped.

RefComp

May 18, 2021
Very bloated. I don't think there were many valves in the path, but I'm not familiar with JMF. I think the guy said one of the components was hybrid tube / SS.
I realize it has been a minute since the original post (almost two years actually), but I just found this thread and would like to add a response. There were multiple issues at our exhibit at THE Show in 2022, including the carpeting and room size. That said, I don't think the JMF gear and cables were what I would have selected under different circumstances to demonstrate the virtues of Zingali Acoustics loudspeakers. With well selected components, they provide transparent and balanced sound. I have also tried a Pathos hybrid stereo amp and was not happy with it either -- for our speakers, which are highly efficient (around 97 db). We will be demonstrating again at THE Show this June using our Cary 805 RS SET monoblocks and proprietary cables and interconnects, which we are very happy with.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing