Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just a hop skip and a jump from Steves place. Also close in date to PAF.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
honestly, if it's like last year I might pass. this show has been sub par for awhile- although the LAOCAS I believe isn't trying to do a competitor show now.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
honestly, if it's like last year I might pass. this show has been sub par for awhile- although the LAOCAS I believe isn't trying to do a competitor show now.
that Newport/Orange County location might spur more action. much easier to access for out of towners. the old show was very popular near that spot.

i lost interest when it left that area. then there is the cost/benefit for the exhibitors. Denver/RMAF fell prey to that when it moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: gleeds

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
I'm hoping that the show will have a really good turnout from manufacturers and dealers this year. I live in town and would love to meet up with others like Keith and Steve and other locals; and it'd be cool to meet you Mike, I've really enjoyed reading about your TT and Tape adventures and also the Wadax thread.

Still not any real details as of yet.
SHOW DETAILS | T.H.E. Show (theshownow.com)

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
THE Show is on the LAOCAS calendar as their June 2023 event, members get a $5 discount on entry.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Keith, one thing I can say with confidence is the 2023 show in Costa Mesa will not be the same as last year. Last year, The Show team decided to hold the only show during the height of the Covid pandemic (kudos to them for that brave choice!). Due to that fact the turnout was incredibly low and the energy was bleak for obvious reasons. The Long Beach Hilton venue was also dog tired.

I personally scouted the new location in Costa Mesa and the hotel is much fresher and the location convenient to John Wayne International includes lots of terrific nearby restaurants. My sense is with Covid a shadow of what it was last year this year's event will bring increased exhibitor participation and newfound energy. Everybody let's give Maurice and Emiko the benefit of the doubt and make a strong turnout. God knows the greater LA area needs a show and June will be a great time to turn out and show our support.

I'm putting my money where my month is by featuring Westminster Labs in two rooms, one with Raihdo and the other with the superb Wolf Van Langa field coil/AMT hybrids. Songer Audio will also be there showing their full range, field coil speakers , most likely powered by the exquisite Takatsuki 300B integrated amplifier. As I learn of more attendees of interest to the members I'll post here.

Last edited:

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Looks like the exhibitor list is starting to fill out and there are some interesting vendors that will be there.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Just received another updated exhibitor list.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Does look like it might be possible to air drop into this one without spending 100 hours in a car in the great, steaming, concrete LA megalopolis.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Does look like it might be possible to air drop into this one without spending 100 hours in a car in the great, steaming, concrete LA megalopolis.
There is very little traffic and sweet ocean air in Irvine, 35 miles south of LA. Fly into John Wayne International Airport (SNA) is the identifier, which is two miles from the venue. You will have a wonderful time! Gary

Reactions: Pokey77

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
We'll be there as well, with two rooms. Should be interested, and yes, hopefully better than last year!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Fabio and Alex the venue is a big upgrade on Long Beach and the vendor mix looks strong and appears to be getting stronger everyday. Plus there are tons of good places to eat nearby, the venue is 10 minutes from John Wayne International and Covid has subsided so it cannot help but be much stronger than 2022! Glad Alma will you have a strong presence at the show and I'll see you there:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokey77

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yeah Fabio visited the hotel and said the same thing, quite an upgrade over the last (tired) joint...
See you there!

Reactions: gleeds

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Here is the latest updated partial exhibitors list.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Here's the newest.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Funny that. I was not planning on attending, and then a good friend said 'Why don't you come out to LA and hang out the week before and then we head off to the show' ... honestly I could really use the break from family responsibilities. So, here I am going to be out in LA for a week of relaxation, sun, exercise food, concerts and a guided tour of NASA's JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory). What's a boy/geek to do? <toothy grin> :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing