TAD CR1 speaker placement suggestions?

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I am looking to experiment with alternative speaker placement from what I have now to see if I can improve upon soundstaging.

As it is now, the speakers are towed to point slightly wider than pointing directly at my ears in the far listening position (which makes them pointing quite a bit further out in my close listening position)

Tweeter to tweeter 10’11 1/4 distance (3.33 meters

Listening distance to each speaker (far position) 12’ (3.65 meters)

Closer listening position 10’5 (3.2meters)

The speakers are 4.5 feed from rear wall (1.37meters) and 6.5feet and 8.5 feet from side walls (2 meters/2.6meters)

Ceilings are approximately 14.5 barrel ceilings (4.5 meters)

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
have you tried to reduce the toe in angle?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing