Taiko Tana-LPS-Setchi---listening

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, can you take your EMT off from the CMS, put it on the floor, then add the Daiza? You might have to wrestle with your Kuro

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I am sorry if I put this in a wrong thread. I have been having these Taiko butcher blocks for over a month but just got a chance to install them yesterday. My French friend who put these blocks under his Kagura's told me to try them because they are not so expensive, cost less than footers and they work better than his SRAs. I told him if it did't work I would bill him.
View attachment 58040
Here they are under my ML3s. I am not really into footers, rack and platform. I thought they either has insignificant effects or shape sound in an unnatural way. But I must admit I like these Taiko blocks. They do not change the presentation of my sound. No sound organization. No darkness. No surround or immersive effect that add to my system. I like the presentation of my sound as is...and that is as it appear differently in each different vinyls. What these blocks do under my amps is pretty much clean up small artifacts, tiny microscopic spikes in all frequency range. I don't know if I can say less distortion. More pure seems to make more solidity. And they do it in such a way that is noticeable but not in a digitized way. Very nice indeed.

Tang
Looking good Tango though I have to ask, do the Lamm have compliant feet? If they do then get them up on some hard coupling between amp and Daiza as recommended by Emile. It really does make a substantial difference. Enjoy!

Blue58

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Looking good Tango though I have to ask, do the Lamm have compliant feet? If they do then get them up on some hard coupling between amp and Daiza as recommended by Emile. It really does make a substantial difference. Enjoy!

Blue58

Very good advice.

Basically the chassis atop the Daiza must couple to it as rigidly as possible to allow the Daiza “drain” effect to best occur.

I think it would be really interesting to test say an Extreme with its own footer that had a thread that could be directly (rigidly) bolted to the Daiza.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
You have that right sir :).

Bonzo also asked me this. I checked and found I have not enough head room to squeeze the Daiza under the phono that is resting on the CMS.

Kind regards,
Tang

Shame Tang. I wonder if EMT can make you a slimline version?!:p

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
thanks.

so i'm clear as to exactly what you mean;

right now it's; Lamm ML3 -> Daiza -> Daiza footers -> CMS shelf -> floor.

and at some point you might remove the CMS shelf/rack and try the Daiza + Daiza footers directly on the floor.

do i have that right?

in my case, where i have carpet i have substituted stainless steel cones with long narrow points for the Daiza footers. but it's only for the power supplies for my Tana racks, not signal path gear. but the Daiza footers might work well on your lower nap carpet, mine is thick shag.....so i try to penetrate with cones into the concrete.

btw; agree wholeheartedly that the Daiza's seem to have a rightness and degree of organization sympathetic to the music about them and don't add any coloration or signature.

I tend to agree with Mike. I would not use the Daiza on top of the CMS shelf

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My purpose of buying Daiza was not to put on the CMS rack. I know exactly where I will eventually put them on :). But I have seen them on many different types of expensive and no expensive racks so why no good on CMS?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the other thing to consider regarding any stock compliant feet on the bottoms of gear, is that you can get extra Daiza feet and use them as gear<->Daiza interfaces, even remove the copper part. maybe Ed or Emile can chime in here about it.

i just keep the copper on the ones i use like that. but Emile suggested i remove the copper rounds.

think of those little rounds that are part of the Daiza footers as tools to go where you want the gear to sound naturally. it will give you a solid connection, but not 'hard'.

you may need to remove the stock footers, or have Emile make deeper panzerholtz ones.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I don't know how this Daiza works. I don't know how a non electronic non wire 1.5" platform can have a break in time. But now the system sounds better than two days ago. The spikes in the SSS sibilance I used to have is eliminated. Some dirts I use to have in sound are gone. The music is still raw and reaching as ever. Seem contradicting but the word serenity comes to mind in the rawness nakedness of music I am listening to. This thing is quite a surprise to me...especially when it is bang for the buck too. My French friend is asking me to pay him now.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
or have Emile make deeper panzerholtz ones.

I'm working on 30mm height footers, but it's more complex then you'd think, I've been through quite some prototypes but have not managed to match the 20mm footers performance. What does work reasonably well is bolting 2 20mm feet together for 40mm height. The "mysterious" thing is a footer milled out of a 40 mm piece does not perform as well as the 2 bolted together 20mm footers.

Tang, I can ship you seperate 20mm footers if you are interested in trying them, it's not a product we actively sell right now due to fabrication limitations, so it has no official status.

Which reminds me, I will ship you a few Mike.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
They’re working for me at the moment until Emile creates something special. Emile also told me the sound can be adjusted by removing the foam inserts one at a time until you achieve your final preference.
I use 3 under the Aqua Formula XHD with the top 3 foam inserts removed. The sound was a little less dynamic with all 6 inserts in situ.
EE9B95EC-41CA-47A0-9D49-EEEEF5077511.jpeg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I don't know how this Daiza works. I don't know how a non electronic non wire 1.5" platform can have a break in time. But now the system sounds better than two days ago.
Complete mechanical settling can take a long time, you would not expect it but panzerholz is actually a compliant material. I have swapped all my Daizas (14 pieces) out 3 weeks ago to establish a reference and it's still improving.

The spikes in the SSS sibilance I used to have is eliminated. Some dirts I use to have in sound are gone. The music is still raw and reaching as ever. Seem contradicting but the word serenity comes to mind in the rawness nakedness of music I am listening to. This thing is quite a surprise to me...especially when it is bang for the buck too.
What's interesting about distortion is you don't really notice its damaging effects on music till you remove it.

My French friend is asking me to pay him now.
I was already wondering what his business model was :) He does currently hold the record of "insanity" for a total of 23 Daizas!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
They’re working for me at the moment until Emile creates something special. Emile also told me the sound can be adjusted by removing the foam inserts one at a time until you achieve your final preference.
I use 3 under the Aqua Formula XHD with the top 3 foam inserts removed. The sound was a little less dynamic with all 6 inserts in situ.

Although it does help if you just let it settle for a week or so, I do agree foams on both sides of the footers is sub optimal. Using them this way should be considered a "band-aid" until I've managed to create something solid.

Reactions: Blue58

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I was already wondering what his business model was :) He does currently hold the record of "insanity" for a total of 23 Daizas!
No business with him Emile. We were just joking around. He told me to try after he found they work better than SRAs under his Kaguras. He even told me to double deck them. Crazy! So I told him if they didn't work in my system I would bill him. Then he said I should send him advisory fee if they work. To be frank, before the Daiza came I played very little Vdh Master Sig with vocal music due to spikes in SSS. Today I play jazz vocals with Master Sig all day with no switching.

Kind regards,
Tang

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Double decking does work actually, even lower distortion and increased transparency which uncovers very fine micro details/textures previously buried in the noisefloor. I only really tried it seriously myself after our mutual French friend told me I had to. He did not offer me a refund though ;)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
No business with him Emile. We were just joking around. He told me to try after he found they work better than SRAs under his Kaguras. He even told me to double deck them. Crazy! So I told him if they didn't work in my system I would bill him. Then he said I should send him advisory fee if they work. To be frank, before the Daiza came I played very little Vdh Master Sig with vocal music due to spikes in SSS. Today I play jazz vocals with Master Sig all day with no switching.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang,

Great that the Daizas are helping your system out. What I find amazing is almost everyone who owns them describes roughly the same signature and observes the settling in period.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, the Daiza will have a tough act to follow, replacing my Stacore Basic+ on trial under my 75kg 8kVA balanced power transformer. Because my room is carpeted where the unit is located, I'm gonna use a stock piece of Panzerholz as a solid base to the whole kaboodle.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Tang,

Great that the Daizas are helping your system out. What I find amazing is almost everyone who owns them describes roughly the same signature and observes the settling in period.

Which reminds me, you asked me about speakers, we tried it at the X-Fi show as it was easy to do, replacing heavy slate blocks, with surprising results, it may be even more effective then underneath components:

Photo taken from the hifi-advice.com X-Fi show report : https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/show-reports/xfi-2019-show-report-part-1-3/

X-Fi_2019_IMG_7651_550pix.jpg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Well, the Daiza will have a tough act to follow, replacing my Stacore Basic+ on trial under my 75kg 8kVA balanced power transformer. Because my room is carpeted where the unit is located, I'm gonna use a stock piece of Panzerholz as a solid base to the whole kaboodle.

It is an entirely different mode of action, therefor incomparable. I can see how you would be inclined to think "a platform is a platform", but it works the other way around.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
It is an entirely different mode of action, therefor incomparable. I can see how you would be inclined to think "a platform is a platform", but it works the other way around.

I have tried to explain this to Marc several times.

I have also advised that his balanced transformer that is vibrating a lot and humming should be “fixed” at source before trying to drain out this vibration. It is one thing draining the problem - the solution is that but clearly also to REMOVE the vibration in the toroid in the first place....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing