Taiko's surprisingly poor customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenjosh

Mar 10, 2023
I have received excellent support from Taiko. I purchased the Extreme through an authorized dealer in the USA. The dealer took delivery from Taiko and reshipped the package to me. If there were any customs forms, I was unaware of them. The purchase and delivery to me was seamless and unremarkable. Are you planning to make a substantial purchase decision based on one anecdote describing a problem inherently connected to the performance of a third-party delivery service? If there is any doubt about the dedication of Taiko to its customers, you might consider the other active thread here that is almost 800 pages long. Many of the posts come from Taiko, specifically addressing customer questions.
Thank you for the feedback on your purchase. It actually helps a lot.
I do make purchase decision on feedback from actual consumers. I am also interested in how the company responds publicly.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you for the feedback on your purchase. I do make purchase decision on feedback from actual consumers. I am also interested in how the company responds publicly. Don’t you read customer feedback? Most people do.
Many of the respondents in this thread, including myself, are Extreme owners.

svenjosh

Mar 10, 2023
I appreciate you taking time to reply Tuckia, I am talking to my dealer and he is clarifying some information on the business model of Taiko. So based on your previous reply and what my dealer says, it’s starting to make sense.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thank you for the feedback on your purchase. It actually helps a lot.
I do make purchase decision on feedback from actual consumers. I am also interested in how the company responds publicly.
Just read the Taiko thread and you’ll immediately know customer satisfaction as well as customer service provided by Taiko that IMHO exists nowhere in the industry as it does from Taiko

Reactions: svenjosh

ticktock

Oct 3, 2020
When it comes to clearing customs, all bets are off. Each customs experience can be unique. Sometimes, your package goes through customs quickly without any interaction on your part, and other times, not so much. As for my Extreme, it sat in the St. Louis, MO area for several days with nothing happening. I ended up finding a phone number for FedEx's customs service, and learned I had to supply some personal information and pay a small fee to a customs broker. After that, my Extreme was cleared and on the move again the very next day. The worst example I can think of was a shipment from Spain, that got stuck in customs in Spain, France, UK and finally the USA, taking more than three weeks for final delivery.

For international shipments with a high-dollar value, I try to follow the tracking information carefully and when it looks like the package is awaiting customs clearance, I'll call the courier's customer service line to see what I can do to speed things along, and I'm often successful. But even then, it can take a lot longer than you first think.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Better to have some delays clearing customs than what I had — somebody in the vast world of the courier network drilled holes in the box, perfect holes the size of a US nickel through the top and two sides. Fortunately they missed the extreme which was well packaged. But what the hell? Who and why?

Crazy stuff in the world… customs snafus happen frequently. It ought not be, but sadly is happens particularly with individual pieces which often don’t enjoy the same pre-clearing as pallets of goods do.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I think you can't read your own thread title properly lolololol..... good lord. Never made a mistake in your life?
TDX is not the OP

• Haha
Reactions: TDX

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To me it's a very simple answer to the question. IMHO Taiko customer service transcends any other company on such personal level. Several days ago Emile helped me with an issue of installing the new network card and switch. It was 1100 PM where he lives and mid afternoon for me. Emile worked on the issue well past 0100 his time and when I thought we were done and I began playing music, he reached out to me again half hour later , and asked if everything was working well as he didn't want to go to sleep until I was satisfied. There is no better custom service period.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
To me it's a very simple answer to the question. IMHO Taiko customer service transcends any other company on such personal level. Several days ago Emile helped me with an issue of installing the new network card and switch. It was 1100 PM where he lives and mid afternoon for me. Emile worked on the issue well past 0100 his time and when I thought we were done and I began playing music, he reached out to me again half hour later , and asked if everything was working well as he didn't want to go to sleep until I was satisfied. There is no better custom service period.
Maybe this is only for you personal service.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Same level of service from LDMS as well - day/night does not make any difference he's always there to do the mojo...anyhow thread is about Taiko but just wanted to say they are not the only ones with this kind of post sales customer support...

Reactions: Steve Williams

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Interesting ... I have better experience with DHL than UPS and FDX, but my experience is anecdotal. When shipping from Europe, I ask that they send it via DHL.
Same here. I currently use DHL in my business shop and in Europe service is better than UPS and FedEx.
I had any problem when sending items to U.S., neverthless sometimes DHL don't reach everywhere capillary all towns and villages, probably in U.S. they employs third part local dispatch.
Anyway this is clearly a bada service by U.S. customs burocracy...
The company answered very quickly to the mails, so the name thread appear ungenerous

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
I think that today's, uh, "logistics" providers are frequently the cause of customer dismay, but I suspect that we have become so addicted to instant gratification that we set ourselves up for dissatisfaction. Companies like DHL, FedEx, UPS, and their ilk, unfortunately, feed our fervor by advertisements that portray them as happy, benevolent bringers-of-joy and then they barrage us with shipping update notices that play with us like a fish on a hook.
I recently purchased a pair of TakeT Live supertweeters from Atelier 13 in Nashville, about a 4-hour drive from my home. Here's their progress through FedEx's system, as sent to my email this week:
1. Tuesday, 1:04 am: FedEx Pickup Confirmation
2. Tuesday, 2:11am: TrackingUpdates@FedEx.com - Hi. This shipment is scheduled to be sent on Tue 3/07/2023. Direct Signature Required.
<At this point, I log onto FedEx Delivery Manager and request that my package be redirected to one of FedEx's suggested alternative delivery points, a local Walgreen's drugstore, as I cannot be sure that someone would be home to sign for the package when it arrives at my home.>
3. Wednesday, 3:25 pm: FedEx Delivery Manager - Hi. Your package from ATELIER 13 LLC is on its way. Direct Signature Required. SCHEDULED DELIVERY Fri, 03/10/2023
4. Wednesday, 3:28 pm: FedEx Delivery Manager - The request to hold your shipment at a FedEx location has been received.
5. Thursday, 11:10 am: TrackingUpdates@FedEx.com - Hi. The scheduled delivery of your package has been updated to: SCHEDULED DELIVERY Thu, 03/09/2023
6. Thursday, 4:31 pm: TrackingUpdates@FedEx.com - Hi. The scheduled delivery of your package has been updated to: On Time SCHEDULED DELIVERY Sat 3/11/2023 estimated between 10:10am and 2:10pm
7. Friday, 7:13 am: FedEx Delivery Manager - Hi. Your package from ATELIER 13 LLC is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Direct Signature Required. On Time.
8. Saturday, 6:45 am: FedEx Delivery Manager - Hi. Your package from ATELIER 13 LLC is now out for delivery today. Direct Signature Required.
9. Saturday, 6:49 am: FedEx Delivery Manager - Hi. As requested, your shipment from ATELIER 13 LLC is being redirected to FedEx OnSite. You will be notified when your shipment is ready for pickup. Direct Signature Required.
10. Saturday, 6:58 am: FedEx Delivery Manager - Hi. We were unable to complete delivery of your package from ATELIER 13 LLC. Direct Signature Required. Exception Reason 1. Customer Not Available or Business Closed. Recommended Action 1. No action required.
SCHEDULED DELIVERY Mon, 03/13/2023 -
EARLY.
In the course of five days, FedEx told me my scheduled delivery was Friday, Thursday, Saturday, and next Monday, and then has the audacity - after having failed to deliver to their own designated "FedEx Onsite" location - to label their latest-of-all "scheduled delivery" as "EARLY." Ok, enough said...

Last edited:

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Anyone else here notice that the OP is no where to be seen. One post. Fire a shot. Cut and run. Hasn’t been on WBF since.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Server arrived and he's stoned ever since - forgot about all DHL/customs issues...happens when goodies are good ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ctydwn

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
(1) OP is New Member
(2) First Post
(3) Only Post

Count me as unconcerned about Taiko’s Customer Service. Taiko responded quickly from what I read (post #6). From what I can see they have the longest online satisfaction thread for any component on the internet.

IMO, this situation is the responsibility of dealer and shipper, not Taiko.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctydwn

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
(1) OP is New Member
(2) First Post
(3) Only Post

Count me as unconcerned about Taiko’s Customer Service. Taiko responded quickly from what I read (post #6). From what I can see they have the longest online satisfaction thread for any component on the internet.

IMO, this situation is the responsibility of dealer and shipper, not Taiko.
I agree, and I'm not even a Taiko owner!

I do think this is one of those times where a bit of moderator intervention could be good. Change the title? Perhaps something like "Delayed shipping / import problem with Taiko delivery" sums it up without being so critical of Taiko, an organization that clearly makes every effort to provide stellar customer support.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I will just close the thread since there is nothing new to add and before today it had been dormant for 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing