Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Tearjerker by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Too obvious? :rolleyes:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Maybe I should have added "...rather insignificant for me, especially in this thread".
Better?
I don't like the original too much (where as I really like Tears for Fears in general), but I really love the Michael Andrews cover for the Donnie Darko soundtrack. Completely transforms this song for me :p
There is a guy commented the Origibal vs Gary Jules and I very much agree as follow:
" Both the Original and the Gary Jules cover have their benefits. The Original is angrier, bitter at the way things are, wearing a tight-lipped and sardonic smile. The cover is too tired to fight anymore and is introspective and brooding about the way things spiraled downwards."

I like the cover too but the 80's is in my blood and too tired to fight is just not me.

Btw I can even imitated the dance exactly like that. ;)

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: christoph and Bodhi

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
There is a guy commented the Origibal vs Gary Jules and I very much agree as follow:
" Both the Original and the Gary Jules cover have their benefits. The Original is angrier, bitter at the way things are, wearing a tight-lipped and sardonic smile. The cover is too tired to fight anymore and is introspective and brooding about the way things spiraled downwards."

I like the cover too but the 80's is in my blood and too tired to fight is just not me.

Kind regards,
Tang

Right on Tang.
The original Mad World is awesome and a classic track, as is Pale Shelter.
Tears for Fears were huge in the UK well before they hit US gold om their 2nd album.

The cover version is a nice somewhat bland cover by a guy that sounds like Michael Stipe imo

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Kind regards,
Tang

Dear Tang
Thank you very much for that further input :cool:

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Played as intro and outro at my best friends funeral.
I can no longer listen to it home as it cracks me up.
RIP Ian Lewis.

Reactions: Bodhi

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Nothing else comes close to this. Nearly the whole album is brutal in sadness.

And best of all it sounds nothing like his pop crap version of everything.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Five off the top of my head:

Ben (the old bear movie)
Time in a Bottle
Where Do I Begin? (Love Story)
He Stopped Loving Her Today

And of course:

Taps (the hardest 24 notes for a trumpet player; Last Post for non-USA folk)

cpvniii

Sep 29, 2013
"Softly as I Leave You". I know.....I am showing my age. Frank defined my dad's generation.....every bit as much as the Beatles defined this young teenagers generation. My dad was a contemporary of Franks and lived two townships over (Wood Ridge) from Hoboken in Bergen County, NJ...above the Palisades, above Teterboro Airport on the Hudson.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 0

cpvniii

Sep 29, 2013
She Must be Beautiful-Janis Ian from the cd "God and the FBI"

Attachments

• 51fMI1PhnKL.jpg
    51fMI1PhnKL.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing