Telefunken G73-R

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Has anybody here used these? Am interested in how they compare to the top nos 12au7 suspects eg tfk802s / amperex 7316 / amp & tungsram e80cc.

Also does anyone have a pair to sell?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Here’s some blurb I found

Surpassing the quality control requirements of the famous Telefunken ECC802S, these are extremely rare, limited production, black shield coated, avionics/aircraft grade, factory selected Telefunken G73R. Manufactured solely for Agilent Technology and Hewlett-Packard, the proprietary G73R part number and RFI/EMI black coat shielding indicate the highest quality grading on the planet. This illustrates exhaustive aftermarket testing for low noise, uniform output, low microphonics, freedom from physical defects, long heater life and an even, uniform cathode emission.

The finest West German manufactured Telefunken tubes, with smooth plates and diamond marked, these have G73R hand written on the outside black shield coating. Records indicate they were only available as spare parts for Agilent or H-P equipment. Critical use in hospital and aerospace equipment demanded tubes with extremely low noise and tightly controlled output. The ultimate tube for Hi-Fi, tube mics and mic preamps, these tubes are very fine, highly rare and in great demand. Authentic, the real deal, the bottom of the glass is diamond marked. Matched pairs and quads are available with tightly controlled transconductance from section to section and from tube to tube. Astonishingly accurate, the sound image blooms out of a dead quiet background.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Congratulations, extremely rare good tube, so looks uncoated.
the best tubes of all time were made in Ulm.

20220120_124824.jpg

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Here’s some blurb I found

Surpassing the quality control requirements of the famous Telefunken ECC802S, these are extremely rare, limited production, black shield coated, avionics/aircraft grade, factory selected Telefunken G73R. Manufactured solely for Agilent Technology and Hewlett-Packard, the proprietary G73R part number and RFI/EMI black coat shielding indicate the highest quality grading on the planet. This illustrates exhaustive aftermarket testing for low noise, uniform output, low microphonics, freedom from physical defects, long heater life and an even, uniform cathode emission.

The finest West German manufactured Telefunken tubes, with smooth plates and diamond marked, these have G73R hand written on the outside black shield coating. Records indicate they were only available as spare parts for Agilent or H-P equipment. Critical use in hospital and aerospace equipment demanded tubes with extremely low noise and tightly controlled output. The ultimate tube for Hi-Fi, tube mics and mic preamps, these tubes are very fine, highly rare and in great demand. Authentic, the real deal, the bottom of the glass is diamond marked. Matched pairs and quads are available with tightly controlled transconductance from section to section and from tube to tube. Astonishingly accurate, the sound image blooms out of a dead quiet background.
The Business then , be interesting in your findings, what are they going to be used with .

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
@DasguteOhr thanks Stephan!

@matakana - I’ll keep that one close to my chest for now but will post my findings later next month. I will also be having some regular tfk802s / amperex 7316 / fivre / cv4003 / raytheon 7730 to compare.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
@DasguteOhr thanks Stephan!

@matakana - I’ll keep that one close to my chest for now but will post my findings later next month. I will also be having some regular tfk802s / amperex 7316 / fivre / cv4003 / raytheon 7730 to compare.
My pleasure, when you find the 6211 /e 82cc gold pin version buy them,sounds so sweet amazing good bass and midrange.

Attachments

• MATCHED-PAIR-OF-TELEFUNKEN-6211-GOLD-PINS-tube.jpg
    MATCHED-PAIR-OF-TELEFUNKEN-6211-GOLD-PINS-tube.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 12

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
My pleasure, when you find the 6211 /e 82cc gold pin version buy them,sounds so sweet amazing good bass and midrange.
Those aren’t qualities typically attributed to TFK; are they possibly produced by ano and relabelled? Siemens & Halske maybe? I also have amperex miniwatt e80cc which should cover the sweet space plus Siemens labelled Tungsram e80cc for the more analytical presentation.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
what did not meet the quality requirements of telefunken was relabeled as AEG, Lorenz. Yes, there was commissioned work that was then done by Siemens, RFT and Valvo. This tube came from the Ulm, code on the back and was produced for foreign markets, hence the 6211designation.
images (4).jpeg

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Be careful don't go over 250volt anode voltage and 6mA current, then they works fine. not a good replacement for every circuit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing