Tesla Model 3 | Tesla seeks $1.5 billion junk bonds issue to fund Model 3 production

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well for sure I’m not and I’ve never heard that story Keith. As I’ve said before no one sells their banked KWh to the electric company as they only get 3 cents per kWh

As for providing your electric consumption this has nothing to do with the electric company but merely serves as a data point in designing a grid large enough to satisfy your demand. Plus after they did I told them I want an additional 3 panels which I thought would keep me in pace with inflation and the rising cost of energy

I don’t know who told you that story Keith but IMO it is baseless

Oh, I have friends who have done it, Steve. With LADWP though. I don't know the conditions for install for your power company.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Well for sure I’m not and I’ve never heard that story Keith. As I’ve said before no one sells their banked KWh to the electric company as they only get 3 cents per kWh

As for providing your electric consumption this has nothing to do with the electric company but merely serves as a data point in designing a grid large enough to satisfy your demand. Plus after they did I told them I want an additional 3 panels which I thought would keep me in pace with inflation and the rising cost of energy

I don’t know who told you that story Keith but IMO it is baseless

+1

The utility company has nothing to do with how many panels anyone chooses to put on their roof. That is a decision that is made solely by the consumer and with their budget in mind.
The usage is calculated entirely by what the meter reports to the utility company. The meters are able to run in two directions...one records the amount given to the utility, the other is the amount utilized from the grid.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have zero clue David. One million is a nice number. Next, USA...America with Tesla's help. The North American electric car.

Not that I really care but that number also includes all kinds of hybrids too, without details the million means nothing.

david

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes, 100% electric plus hybrids. It's a small number, but I think it's going to grow quicker in the future very near, like next year, and next, and next ...
In China, America, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Russia, South Korea, India, Australia, ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/09/02/tesla-reportedly-missed-august-model-3-goal/
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-vs-corvette-c7-drag-race/amp/
_____

Extra: The new Tesla Roadster (beautiful modern elegant classy design)

? https://electrek.co/2018/09/04/tesla-roadster-new-pictures/amp/

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes I saw that earlier, thanks Richard for that link.

* Tesla and Elon Musk are always exciting in the stock market moves and news.
It's now like a Twitter Russian rollercoaster ride. Elon is not alone in everyday's exciting news.
He'll rebound, they always do. The day they won't anymore that'll be the day...the day that the obsession is not under their control anymore. :b
_____

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-smoked-blunt-joe-170828936.html
_____

Sometimes I feel Elon would be better off as a movie actor and a stuntman in Hollywood with Disney Marvel comic flicks. ;)

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I take delivery of my model 3 on Thursday. Midnight silver, white interior and AWD. Beautiful car.

Congratulations, Joe! I really like light-colored interiors!

Start a thread for us when you get the car and tell us your impressions.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Congratulations, Joe! I really like light-colored interiors!

Start a thread for us when you get the car and tell us your impressions.

Yep, super curious. Friends who have Teslas are very happy w/them. My wife was on the list but got tired of waiting, wound up w/an Alfa Guilia instead. Great car, but combusts.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I will. We already have a model S Blue with the white interior and it has been a fantastic fun car to drive. That is my wife’s car. I wanted one smaller to skirt around town. With the free supercharging on the S, that will still be the long distance car although with 310 miles on a full charge, I can drive the 3 to NYC for jazz with no issues.

Reactions: mountainjoe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing