Testing and embracing Stacore

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: Stacore

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jarek, do a deal. Anyone who lifts it, takes it home. Otherwise, they cover their own osteopathy bills.

You'd be impressed w my neighbour. With me as cheerleader, he and his son carried the Advanced and Plus, in their pallets, 100-130kg each, up a tight spiral staircase.

The beers were on me that night, I can tell you LOL.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Thank you Bill! Bogdan’s art. 450kg of steel. Rumor has it it’s within your dead lift capabilities ;)

I wish Jarek. We should leave such numbers to your good home man, Mariusz! Although he is too busy doing MMA now.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Jarek, do a deal. Anyone who lifts it, takes it home. Otherwise, they cover their own osteopathy bills.

You'd be impressed w my neighbour. With me as cheerleader, he and his son carried the Advanced and Plus, in their pallets, 100-130kg each, up a tight spiral staircase.

The beers were on me that night, I can tell you LOL.

If I can carry another Advanced on my tod up the stairs and down without a break, can I keep? :p

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Some more images of our lates rack for Munich 2019

View attachment 50576
View attachment 50577
Love the high industrial design value in this. It’s an epic looking device. The detailing is very slick. Just lovely work with the overall composition and balance... also with the nice shift in textures on the surfaces as well, congratulations Jarek.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Love the high industrial design value in this. It’s an epic looking device. The detailing is very slick. Just lovely work with the overall composition and balance... also with the nice shift in textures on the surfaces as well, congratulations Jarek.

Thank you Tao! All the kudos should go to Stacore Bogdan - he is the main responsible guy here. The surface texture indeed turned out very interesting. In this particular rack it will disappear though as the rack is carbon steel and must be painted. However if there is an interest, it can be made from stainless steel, keeping all the textures. Another interesting aspect is the action of damping mechanism in the legs. Although made out of 1" thick steel plates, the horizontal shelves still ring. But when joined with the legs, using our special mounting system, they get damped out nicely.

FYI here is a bit on the damping system. We wanted to try something nobody tried before: A no compromise Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) technique for ultimate damping of the rack legs and as a result the whole structure. The CLD is implemented through a leg-in-a-leg construction: Each vertical section is made of an outer shell and an inner leg, joined by a selected viscoelastic material in a specialized industrial process. Both structures are smartly decoupled, giving a high floor vibration rejection ratio apart from the high inner damping. The outer and inner legs are made out of 5mm thick extruded steel for added mass, rigidity, and stability. The inner chamber can be additionally owner-filled with sand, lead shots or gravel for added mass. All the construction must assembled and aligned to tight tolerances to maintain a perfect rack geometry with outstanding rigidity. The leg structure requires lengthy and complicated manufacture process: CNC pre-processing, precision welding, viscoelastic filling, and CNC post-processing.

BS1_1289A_old.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Would look amazing in black with some stainless steel detailing for highlights. The approach with implementing the CLD in the legs sounds like a great bit of innovation as well. Looking forward to seeing more of these and the early listening impressions on them as they eventually roll out. Either way looks like you’ve added a great product to your list, congratulations again... well done.

Reactions: flyer

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you again Tao! All is possible when comes to the finish - no problem with painted/natural steel combo. And there are 3 users of the earlier versions aready here at WBF and one more user coming soon (in matt dark graphite) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
Wanted to introduce MY Stacore Advanced coupled with Lampizator Pacific.

My listening situation needs a solution where I can get as much vibration control as possible from a single level of platforms and racks. I have been using HRS M series sitting on a wood floor with engineered I joists. The HRS has worked well over the past few years.

As the Lampi gear is so deep, the HRS platforms are sitting in portrait mode and wouldnt work well with SXR racking, which would be needed to take the HRS to the next level in terms of isolation.

I was looking for a way of getting as much vibration control as possible while still sitting the platform on the wood floor. The Stacore Advanced really shines for this application.

Sta1.jpg

sta2.jpg

The sound is really engaging, and I am super pleased! The micro-dynamics/resolution are taken to the next level. Location of instruments, particularly in the depth of the soundstage is improved as well. Its a sweet deal.

Jarek @ Stacore is super responsive, sending pics of the build and answering questions at all hours of the day or night. The unit is built like a tank. I suggested that he will need to move to depleted uranium if he ever wants to increase the weight of the platforms further! They are compact, but incredibly heavy!

Thanks Stacore!

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you so much for the kind words! Very rewarding and motivating to keep moving. Its our pleasure to deliver more listening joy in your system :)

Cheers,
Jarek

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I recently got delivery of Stacore rack of the above picture. The rack is very very heavy. According to Jarek, the rack weighs around 450kg. The built is excellent. It is one very sturdy rack. Compared to my SRA rack, it is no comparision. This rack wins hands down in its beauty and built quality.

One example, I have TT sitting on SRA rack. When I strike the pillar of the SRA rack, it transmits all the way to the stylus. It seems that there is no whatever vibration reduction. When I strike the pillar of Stacore rack, the vibration is much reduced. You can still hear it through the stylus. But much much reduced. The damping is excellent.

This rack is my ultimate rack. There is no need to look further. If one is looking for ultimate rack, I strongly recommend to consider Stacore.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you very much adyc for the kind words! It has been a great journey to design and manufacture this rack suiting your specific needs...and to ship it to you in a fully assembled mode. Very rewarding to hear it is up to your expectations as an ultimate support structure and an honor to be a part of your stellar listening system!
BTW, the total weight with the CLD shelves is about 630-640kg ;)
Zdj?cie 17.07.2019, 13 31 41.jpg
Zdj?cie 17.07.2019, 14 35 44.jpg
Zdj?cie 17.07.2019, 22 53 06.jpg

Cheers,

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jarek, no sweat LOL.
Is this rack fitted with the Advanced platforms?

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Hi Marc,

It was shipped with 6 CLD shelves, which adyc then partially exchanged to Advanced platforms. The racks can take any of our platforms, all user exchangeable. With adyc permission:

Zdj?cie 02.08.2019, 14 37 12.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I normally only think this about women. But Jarek, that's a damn fine rack LOL.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing