Testing and embracing Stacore

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you very much guys for such a nice appreciation of our efforts! Actually in the real life the rack is surprisingly gentle looking (to my eyes and taste of course) but indeed in the best Bauhaus traditions its shape is dictated by the function. There are more pics coming with our new Roller platforms on top :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jarek, is that a new line of more streamlined platforms?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
That is very nice looking !

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
That looks great Jarek. Did the.customer not request a pneumatic component to the amp stand or is this a new concept/design?
Thank you Peter! The customer did not choose at this moment the pneumatic for reasons other than sonic. Actually pneumatic would be very desirable here given the proximity to the floor and to the speakers. He can add it at any moment.

Reactions: flyer

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Our Singapore distributor - Simplicity Control - is very creative. Guys tried screwing in our CLD footers to Magico’s with apparently remarkable sonic results.
C926957E-7089-4DDE-B847-92AD0FDCC64A.jpeg
8A5D060F-7BE3-45CD-9E10-8F4DD9ECB1EA.jpeg

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Our Singapore distributor - Simplicity Control - is very creative. Guys tried screwing in our CLD footers to Magico’s with apparently remarkable sonic results.

Indeed, that is very creative!

I am just wondering what made you guys go for the Italian slate? Wish I knew more about it. Were you guys originally thinking about adopting a different material?

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Indeed, that is very creative!

I am just wondering what made you guys go for the Italian slate? Wish I knew more about it. Were you guys originally thinking about adopting a different material?
The mass combined with very good damping properties were the primal factors. It needed to be further dampened though to supress the natural slate colorations. What we did not know is how difficult it is to work with it (not sure how many companies are left on the market working with the slate, maybe 1-2).

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
The surface is very very sensitive, the stone is soft, easily scratchable and absorbs all kinds of grease e.g. finger-prints like crazy. It needs careful honing to obtain a smooth surface, cannot be easily polished like marble, and needs oil impregnation to protect the surface. All by hand. Repeatable manufacture of high quality surfaces is a pain. Wood, MDF, plywood, metals, even cast iron, are orders of magnitude easier to work with.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Several years ago, I was a beta tester for the Stacore CLD footers that Jarek and Bodgan were developing. They are the perfect interface between electronics and the Stacore pneumatic platforms.

IMG_2380.JPG

Recently, Jarek kindly proposed me to consider testing the CLD footers under my loudspeakers. He provided 2 sets of 4 footers with M10-M8 adaptors so I could screw the footers to my loudspeakers. With the help of my son, I ensured that the footers were tight locked to the loudspeakers.

IMG_2369.JPG

With the CLD footers, the loudspeakers are literally “welded” to the concrete/tiles floor.

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG
Comparative listening sessions demonstrated the superiority of the CLD footers over my previous set up: a better tonal balance with improved imaging. I could not believe the improvement I obtained from such small but clever and well-engineered devices.

IMG_2376.JPG

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
The surface is very very sensitive, the stone is soft, easily scratchable and absorbs all kinds of grease e.g. finger-prints like crazy. It needs careful honing to obtain a smooth surface, cannot be easily polished like marble, and needs oil impregnation to protect the surface. All by hand. Repeatable manufacture of high quality surfaces is a pain. Wood, MDF, plywood, metals, even cast iron, are orders of magnitude easier to work with.
Thanks a lot for your answer. It sounds like there is a lot of technology involved in the production process.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing