The Aurora's are coming.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
After ordering my Aries Cerat Aurora speakers last February, they are now on the way. I will have an all Aries Cerat system.
Aries Cerat Essentia Monoblock Amps
Aries Cerat Ageto Preamp
Aries Cerat Aurora Speakers
Aries Cerat Kassandra 2 Reference DAC.
Lucas Audio LDMS music server.

I will chronicle my end game or final system and how I got there soon. Here is a picture from the factory of the Aurora's. I went against the grain and ordered the graphite finish.

This is my last and dream system.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 101

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
@Willgolf
Very happy for you. Can’t wait to read all about it!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Touchdown! Congratulations!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
After ordering my Aries Cerat Aurora speakers last February, they are now on the way. I will have an all Aries Cerat system.
Aries Cerat Essentia Monoblock Amps
Aries Cerat Ageto Preamp
Aries Cerat Aurora Speakers
Aries Cerat Kassandra 2 Reference DAC.
Lucas Audio LDMS music server.

I will chronicle my end game or final system and how I got there soon. Here is a picture from the factory of the Aurora's. I went against the grain and ordered the graphite finish.

This is my last and dream system.
Have to change your picture soon... :cool:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Congratulation on your new speakers

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Here is a picture from the factory of the Aurora's. I went against the grain and ordered the graphite finish.
Very Nice Indeed Will :cool: , The Liquid Carbon finish , by its nature , does not photograph easily or well , ergo the vast majority of images published of that finish belie the intricate swirling 3D surface abstract patternation , created by hand literally, which makes each AC horn entirely unique.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
That’s going to be some system :D

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Reactions: Stef

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
congratulation will!
what a system you will have, amazing!
im so happy for you.
i am still waiting for my full system to arrive (minus speakers.... :( ) cant wait!

Reactions: MJG

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Are you changing out your cabling as well? If so, what are you thinking?

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Are you changing out your cabling as well? If so, what are you thinking?
I need 4 speaker cables for the Aurora - one to the crossover and three from the crossover to the speaker. I am using the QSA Lanedri Ultimatum Infinity SC from amp to Crossover, I am using an Ultimatum Infinity SC and 2 Gamma Infinity SC's from crossover to speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: an.vamv and treitz3

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I need 4 speaker cables for the Aurora - one to the crossover and three from the crossover to the speaker. I am using the QSA Lanedri Ultimatum Infinity SC from amp to Crossover, I am using an Ultimatum Infinity SC and 2 Gamma Infinity SC's from crossover to speakers.
Serious stuff..Have you compared them to some of the other ultra high end cables?

I think you used to be in the Tchernov/Hijiri clan there for a while. I am currently evaluating the Tchernov Reference DSC SC speaker cables.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I still own Hijiri Power cords and RCA cables. I did a lot of comparison testing between Tchernov and Hijiri. Hijiri was a little more musical than Tchernov but both are very good cables and cords. I have the Hijiri on my source components (LDMS and Horizon). I did not compare between QSA and Hijiri. I am close to my end game everything.

Reactions: WLP3

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Im using Purist Audio Design Corvus Cables for both speakers and interconnects. Although I have Silversmith and a few other options available, I discovered that the Purist Audio cables provide a more musical and quieter listening experience, all while maintaining exceptional transparency.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
The Aurora's are getting closer. They arrived in Canada and will be shipped to their home in Arizona next week. In the meantime, I received the Wellfloat footers today. I will be using them under the Auroras.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 19

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Are you using Wellfloat Double 4548 shelves under you equipment too?
No, I had Aries Cerat put the Arya Revo footers under the Ageto but that is it. I have an Adona rack which already has isolation properties built in.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Will, can you share a little bit about your decision to go with the Aurora’s? Where did you demo them? How would you describe their presentation?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing