The Covid-19 Playlist

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
I'm thinking that its about time we start a "shelter in place" playlist. Let's call it the Covid-19 essentials. WBF community, what music is getting you through these tough, stay at home times? What is your list of 19 songs that give you inspiration, make you laugh, and promote light and love during these days of high strangeness and stress.

My first song, with another 18 to follow shortly - in honor of the passing of Bill Withers earlier this week, I am putting his song "Lean on me" at the top of my list.

Reactions: Migo

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Good point Tima... how does one change a thread title? COVID 19 essential songs or something might be better....

Having said that, music is essential as far as I am concerned. I play music, I listen to music, I grew up around music. If there are songs that I can listen to that make me (hopefully us) feel better and make our days a bit more joyous ..... I’m just trying to add something to help pass our time and (maybe) add a little joy

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Not sure we can change a title. Maybe I could delete my messages and you delete all yours but the original, then it may let you delete the original if there are no messages attached to it? (Lemme know) Or ask an admin to change the title.

Maybe, 'Stuck at Home' playlist or 'Waiting for a Better Day' playlist.

Two entries ...

"In My Room" - Beachboys
"Tired of Waiting" - The Kinks

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Killing Strangers - Marilyn Manson. seems to be what covid-19 is doing

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Off the top of my head, a few more:

1. Bill Withers - Lean on me
  2. Beatles - Let it be
  3. Beatles - a little help from my friends
  4. Carole King - You’ve got a friend
  5. Jackson Browne - Dr my eyes
  6. Bob Dylan- Shelter from the storm
  7. Blind Willie Johnson - Dark was the night
  8. Stanley Brothers - Angel band
  9. Tm Waits - Come on up to the house
  10. The Police - Don’t stand so close to me, or So lonely
  11. The Rolloing Stones - Give me shelter

Last edited:

Migo

Aug 10, 2013

This album pretty much covers it:​

Up Jumped the Devil....Discovering the music of Robert Johnson​

A Sound Liaison 'One Mic +' Audiophile Recording.​

It's on the soundliaison.com/index.php/677-up-jumped-the-devil-carmen-gomes-inc in DXD and DSD
and in lower resolutions and Red Book CD on the https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/al...-a-sound-liaison-one-mic-audiophile-recording

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing