The home of Anubis.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! Tell us more when you can about how you found these...and what made you get them. By the way, i really enjoy 2 channel...and enjoy 2 big speakers and a big sub on movies as well.

Reactions: zog

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Congrats! Tell us more when you can about how you found these...and what made you get them. By the way, i really enjoy 2 channel...and enjoy 2 big speakers and a big sub on movies as well.

They way I found these is a bit Special.. After selling off my cinema, i was without sound for a week.. Got a pair of speakers and an Amplifier to lend from two friends. And was quite happy.
Im a menber of a Norwegian hifi web forum. Been there for many many years. And have lately been able to test speakers, amplifiers and dac and so on.. If I write a short rewiev of them.

Got in touch with the constructor of these speakers, he wanted to have me test them.. So I said yes, stoopid me. Had them for 10days and had One open Day, so that other people could come an listen too them. I was really struck on how good they sounded.. On all music. It really dosent matter if I play Pantera, Infected Mushrooms, Nora Jones... These speakers really dont care. I've had quite a few speakers threw the years. Alvays i have had to chose music to the speakers. And maybe the metall part dont sound so good, or the jazz. Have never been happy with all styles until now.. I really really love these Soeakers. They use top of the line components. The price of the woofers, tweeter and crossover is about 50% of the retail price without the cabinet..

Inroom respone in my room is - 3 db at 22hz tuning frequenzy is 27hz. So they are fullrange. I have always had One or two subs at least in my room.. This is the only speaker I have had where i feel I dont need One.

Just loving them

Reactions: zog

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Looking to upgrade my RIAA. And Im really interested in the Puffin.. Anyone here that have it?

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Not mutch happening here. Got myself a new parttime Job.. Sellig speakers, amplifers, Acoustic treatment an so on.. So have downsized my home stereo. Reazon why.... I do most of my listening in the shop.

But must have music at home.
The New speakers is from Poland. Pylon is the brand and the speakers is Diamond 30. Changing soon to Emmerald 25. Turntable is still the old Technics 1210 Mk2 with the Hana SH pickup. _20190507_131734.JPG _20190507_131658.JPG

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
So, few monrhs now since the last update, have been playing music and enjoing myself with the small system. But things are changing.

The other day I managed to get hold of my dream speaker when I was in my late teens. Have heard them once for probably 20 years ago. And still remember the feeling I had, listening to them.. There has been a few of them that has slipped me. But now they are here.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
After living with hifi stereo in high midrange for å few years. I've had this urge to see, how good was the hifi equioment in the older days vs the new modern stuff. And I have been thinking of how mutch good sound could I get from a low budget.

Si out with the modern stuff ecept my Riaa from Parks Audio LLC and my dac, and in with some old speakers. And will go get my new but old poweramp on sunday.

The speakers isn't well known outside Scandinavian but the power Amplifier is. Speakers are the Dynabel Euforia kimber edition and the amp is the Nad 208.

Attachments

• Messaging1564600713991.jpg
    Messaging1564600713991.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 7

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Speakers is from mid to late 90's and amp is early 90's if I'm not wrong.

Dac and Riia is very modern. The turntable is still the Technics 1210 Mk2 and pickup modern, from Hana. The SH version.

So a mix from back in the days and new modern stuff.

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
Really enjoing this system. Not the best I've had. But it really make me enjoy my music. Really impressed with the depth in the bass respons, it is fast and hits really good for a speaker with only 2 6.5' woofers. The Nad seemes to be a good match with the Dynabel Soeakers.

I know this is not the last station on my trip into hifi. But I will be enjoing this for a while, before the upgrade path starts.. Where to go next, have no clue...

Anubis

Apr 27, 2016
Norway
_20191203_091653.JPG

So guys. Long time since I have posted here. But it has been an very active fall for me.

New speakers has arrived again. This time Just becsuse these ones I decided to get 8-10years ago. But have never could afford them when they have come out on the second hand market.

Have also been to the hifi show in Warszawa. This year I was not a Guest. But showed off our ovn speakers.
The feedback was very very good. Will post a picture, maybe some of you where in our room?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing