The Innocent Man-Netflix Original

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Attention Bob (Northstar).....this is one you will sink your teeth into

This is a mini version of Making a Murderer with 2 murders in Ada Oklahoma in the early 80's and documented in a novel by John Grisham in 2006 (which I read)

This seems to be yet 2 more cases of forced confessions with one man still in jail after 30 years based on a forced confession whereas in another case with the help of The Innocence Project and Barry Sheck and John Grisham 2 men are released from prison with one being on Death Row and coming within 5 days of being executed

The story of Ron Williamson, a man who sat on Oklahoma's death row for 11 years for a crime he didn't commit. Based on John Grisham's "The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town."

While we all are waiting to see what becomes of Steve Avery and Brendan Danney I suggest everyone watch this documentary which is shown on Netflix with narration by John Grisham

This is gripping and not to be missed

It suggests a DA and his investigators were guilty of withholding exculpatory evidence in these cases

Season one is 6 episodes each between 40-50 minutes. This is not to be missed as once again it gives a glimpse of the criminal justice system in small town America

Two murders, four convictions, and a town full of secrets. Based on John Grisham's only true crime best-seller, The Innocent Man, an old case that shook the small town of Ada, Oklahoma in the 1980s is re-opened with unbelievable evidence that has everyone questioning if the right men were charged, or if the killer is still out there.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
A lot of people will not even dare watching the full six episodes.
It started as a very depressive documentary with poor and young people living in a depressing town. You are very brave if you watch it all.
But I tell you this; it's an educational lesson on the corrupted people who taint the justice system to the lowest human despicability. ...The prosecutor and police investigator team gang.
It's rotten deep to the core!

Two innocent men are still in jail after 35 years!

It's not in the same polished class as Making A Murderer, but nonetheless the end result is equivalent; a scream against the deep corruption of some lowlife prosecutors.

Like Steve said there are two cases here playing in parallels. It keeps you alert if you want to grasp it all.

This stuff is real ladies and gentlemen, it happens right here in our own backyards and everywhere/anywhere else. It is super bad to send young innocent people in jail for life and on death row; it shows a side of evil from some people working in the justice system...prosecution, police investigators, etc. They calculate that 90,000 innocent people are in jail in America; that's 90,000 too many!

Are we a third world country? Where are our human values?

Overall rating (my own score) for The Innocent Man documentary on Netflix: 90
I consider it essential viewing because justice in 2019 is one of the most important values in any modern civilisation of our world. It starts right @ home.

Steve, I appreciate your guts; I know many who would never dare to watch such incisive truth about some of he people who are supposed to uphold the law but in reality are the worst kind of outlaws, supreme abusers of our justice system; they are the ones who should spend the rest of their life in jail, and not the innocent young men they stole their life from.

A Must See.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
A lot of people will not even dare watching the full six episodes.
It started as a very depressive documentary with poor and young people living in a depressing town. You are very brave if you watch it all.
But I tell you this; it's an educational lesson on the corrupted people who taint the justice system to the lowest human despicability. ...The prosecutor and police investigator team gang.
It's rotten deep to the core!

Two innocent men are still in jail after 35 years!

It's not in the same polished class as Making A Murderer, but nonetheless the end result is equivalent; a scream against the deep corruption of some lowlife prosecutors.

Like Steve said there are two cases here playing in parallels. It keeps you alert if you want to grasp it all.

This stuff is real ladies and gentlemen, it happens right here in our own backyards and everywhere/anywhere else. It is super bad to send young innocent people in jail for life and on death row; it shows a side of evil from some people working in the justice system...prosecution, police investigators, etc. They calculate that 90,000 innocent people are in jail in America; that's 90,000 too many!

Are we a third world country? Where are our human values?

Overall rating (my own score) for The Innocent Man documentary on Netflix: 90
I consider it essential viewing because justice in 2019 is one of the most important values in any modern civilisation of our world. It starts right @ home.

Steve, I appreciate your guts; I know many who would never dare to watch such incisive truth about some of he people who are supposed to upheld the law but in reslity are the eorst kind of outlaws, supreme abusers of our justice system; they are the ones who should spend the rest of their life in jail, and not the innocent young men they stole their life from.

A Must See.

I read the book when it was released in 2006.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Dad (John) was the big reader of the family, all his life; a normal (thriller) book per day.
By the end he was reading everything about the two world wars and all the people who made history...good and bad. John (Jean) was a walking library, since very young till the end.
Bob the oldest son (me) was into music and films, all his life.
The imagination, reconstruction works both ways; it's what grabs our attention best.

John Grisham wrote several books, and many were adapted to films; which I saw a bunch and I'm sure many of us.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Grisham

I'm glad I watched this documentary; it elevates my conscience, awareness, affirmation.
I like high-end audio, I like turntables, I like hi-fi stereo and hires multichannel music.
I like films and documentaries. I like nature and the pursuit towards full expansion in all directions. This documentary provided some, on the human psychology. ...From a poor area with poor people. It is truly sad that people with jobs that are supposed to protect innocent people and send the bad guys to jail is just the opposite here. It has a big impact on me, from where I'm coming from and my values.

Bring them on; the more people are aware the more chances we can make a difference for the better by exposing them, the bad people with top jobs who abuse their power and the system, like John Grisham does. It is a serious crime to hide important documents (650 pages) that make all the difference between innocence and guilt. Here the people working for the prosecution team are all guilty and the most scums cowards on this face of their community.

Two innocent men are still in jail after thirty-five years, just heart piercing, devastating to the human core. And if ever they get their just freedom the damage is irreparable. In jail it's worst than any nightmare. It takes a person of steel to wake up from it.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing