bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
They soundEd like crap...especially because they were setup on opposite ends of the room! :eek:. But the guy is a hedge fund manager so what does he care about 25k...

Well, IMHO very poorly set up systems as you describe are not worth mentioning in WBF ... I am sure that Kalman did a good job setting them up.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: gian60

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
With Marc I was discussing his vintage gear in those shorts

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75 and sujay

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
With Marc I was discussing his vintage gear in those shorts
I may be 56 and seriously vintage. Re-biasing needed periodically.

Reactions: Lagonda

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I've never known a tube that wasn't biased.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The untruth shall set you free.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I guess you didn't when you consider "set and forget" to be a 30 year quest (or however long you have been going through gear) followed by a 6-8 months "optimization" :rolleyes:.

Nice deflection.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

The majority here are people with great intellectual curiosity, who work with abstract ideas and have strong intentions on developing continuous improvement. Most are very invested in this (both in time and resources) and most are questioning and constantly seeking ways forward. Most here seem to then develop their own ways that best suit their particular needs. There is much diversity here which makes it a fertile place to explore the approaches of others. A handful of people just taking cheap potshots at the many is unlikely to mean anything much going forwards to any of us at all.

Tao, I was kinda' hoping you were serious when you made the above statement. If so, I would really think it edifying if you could provide an example or two that might highlight some of this great intellectual curiosity, working with abstact ideas, strong intientions, etc that you mention above. I mean it does sound good on paper. But then, just about anything does these days.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
They soundEd like crap...especially because they were setup on opposite ends of the room! :eek:. But the guy is a hedge fund manager so what does he care about 25k...
That speaker does sound like crap ! I went to a friends house to hear it, he was proud of his new purchase, he is not a audiophile. The tech was cool and i expected good sound it is kind of a omni, automatic room EQ with a built in microphone that is motorized out of the speakers before the pulses and sound waves and the EQ begins, typical B&O features made to impress. No soundstage very little imaging, but they could play very loud without breaking up. I tried to keep a straight face, and complemented him on his beautiful new speaker :rolleyes:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
"Thanks to your so-called system, my hearing has been hosed for three weeks." sans Lagonda diplomacy.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
That speaker does sound like crap ! I went to a friends house to hear it, he was proud of his new purchase, he is not a audiophile. The tech was cool and i expected good sound it is kind of a omni, automatic room EQ with a built in microphone that is motorized out of the speakers before the pulses and sound waves and the EQ begins, typical B&O features made to impress. No soundstage very little imaging, but they could play very loud without breaking up. I tried to keep a straight face, and complemented him on his beautiful new speaker :rolleyes:
It’s one of the reasons nom-audiophiles end up not becoming audiophiles. They hear stuff like that and think “what a waste of money” because they get just as good sound from their Soundbar or whatever. They don’t hear the improvement because there isn’t much and say things like “my ears aren’t good enough” etc. When they hear something that breaks through that THEN they become curious and less concerned about “worth “.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing