The Mysterious Case of the Listening Window! By Jeff Day, Positive Feedback

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
Copenhagen
That speaker does sound like crap ! I went to a friends house to hear it, he was proud of his new purchase, he is not a audiophile. The tech was cool and i expected good sound it is kind of a omni, automatic room EQ with a built in microphone that is motorized out of the speakers before the pulses and sound waves and the EQ begins, typical B&O features made to impress. No soundstage very little imaging, but they could play very loud without breaking up. I tried to keep a straight face, and complemented him on his beautiful new speaker :rolleyes:

What do you do if your friend reads this .. ?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 4, 2014
Denmark
What do you do if your friend reads this .. ?
He is not a audiophile he will never read this ! He is a typical Danish B&O owner, hell we Danes have all been there, i owned my first B&O system before i owned a car :)

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That speaker does sound like crap ! I went to a friends house to hear it, he was proud of his new purchase, he is an eager audiophile. The tech was cool and i expected good sound. I tried to keep a straight face, and complemented him on his beautiful new speaker :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club

Reactions: jespera and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 4, 2014
Denmark
Reactions: bonzo75

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm curious if you include yourself in this so-called majority. If so, do you have any examples or evidence demonstrating a great intellectual curiosity who work with abstract ideas and have strong intentions on developing continuous improvements that you'd be willing to openly share?

the sound of Tao has a rich body of detailed postings and eloquent essays here on WBF which evidence clearly to me, for one, the attributes about which you inquire.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You are a tricky one changing my words in the quote ! Well played Ked ;)

I was giving you a more useful general template

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I told my gf the reason I spend so much time on forums is it is academic. We do research, discuss, write, keeps the mind agile.

Her reply: I do it so I can have strong opinions on things that do not matter and argue a lot.

I was looking for an appropriate thread to post this and chose this one

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 4, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I told my gf the reason I spend so much time on forums is it is academic. We do research, discuss, write, keeps the mind agile.

Her reply: I do it so I can have strong opinions on things that do not matter and argue a lot.

Surely both of you are happy to have this outlet.

Reactions: bonzo75

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

It beats trephination to let the bad voices out.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Are you sure you heard her right? I wouldn’t be surprised if she said “You do it...” :p

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When I wrote I I meant me. Not her

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
the sound of Tao has a rich body of detailed postings and eloquent essays here on WBF which evidence clearly to me, for one, the attributes about which you inquire.

Interesting, Ron. Perhaps I overlooked it. Though hopefully there’s more than one definition for great intellectual curiosity, etc (attributes I'm not used to reading about)? But if as Tao says the majority here truly possess such attributes... well, I suppose it would be more the norm or standard for the majority here. In which case, perhaps it should go without saying.

Actually, I've little clue what Tao is talking about. That's why I posted my response. I'm interested to see might evolve from one possessing such attributes that I've never given much consideration.

Regardless, shouldn't one's lofty attributes in-and-of-themselves be fairly meaningless to anyone anyway - especially if the majority possessed them? Shouldn't it really all boil down to the end results rather than one's efforts or attributes along the way? I mean, if the results of possessing such characteristics are extraordinary then we can always backtrack later to drill down and discuss how any intellectual curiosity and abstract ideas played their role. Otherwise who really cares who shows signs of great intellectual curiosity, etc?

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
I think changing a system or items within a system is fine as long as you have a specific goal in mind on what to improve and not just because it "doesn't sound good". Those in pursuit of their ideal of "perfect" sound are not "set it and forget it", guys.

Well stated. But this is the challenge. People don’t always recognize what is specifically wrong with the system, how to address it, or where to go from there. I had a lot of difficulty with this.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing