The ***Official*** Progressive Rock Thread

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Germany has produced its fair share of great prog. Neuschwanstein's Battlement is first up on the prog playlist today:

Ron,

This is one of my personal faves! When the CD came out, I was shocked, as they remixed the whole thing, and it sounds a lot less "Genesis"-y. Maybe they did it on purpose, but I find the original LP mix much, much better!!!

Since the LP is not that expensive anyway, it's a great purchase!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Given the gear you carry, I can see I gotta make it down the coast for a visit and an afternoon or evening of La Jolla progfest. Maybe we can even get Davey and Andre to join and former WBF member Ken (RUR), a Renaissance, GG and Genesis fan, as well.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Back to the other side of the pond now:

cover_5354162512009.jpg

It's amazing I get any work done here in my office. I blame Mark Seaton for his wonderful speakers.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Given the gear you carry, I can see I gotta make it down the coast for a visit and an afternoon or evening of La Jolla progfest. Maybe we can even get Davey and Andre to join and former WBF member Ken (RUR), a Renaissance, GG and Genesis fan, as well.

It'll be my pleasure :)
I have several gigabytes of prog on the server, that sits in the store now. Plus 3000+ LPs that I plan on moving with me to the US soon!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
TOOL ' 10 000 Days'
redbook

i love tool, saw them live around 2006 in london.. waiting for a new album and a tour in the uk.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk

when i was 21, i spent 11'000 miles on a greyhound bus in the states this album was one of six i had, it must of been played hundreds of times. i love it, by far the best PC album imo.

is it considered prog? if so will post mine when i listen. what about pusifer?

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
Sorry if I have gone off topic, I am not that well versed in progressive rock.

when i was 21, i spent 11'000 miles on a greyhound bus in the states this album was one of six i had, it must of been played hundreds of times. i love it, by far the best PC album imo.

is it considered prog? if so will post mine when i listen. what about pusifer?

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Jethro Tull ' aqualung '
redbook

part of my original album series, i love this.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Nice (The) - Ars Longa Vita Brevis.JPG

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Some Procol Harum
All JP K2HD's

Self - titled
Shine on Brightly
A Salty Dog
Broken Barricades

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing