The pure analogue LP purveyors, in order of excellence in presence

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Again, these were private test involving distinguished members of the audio and recording industry. No names or locations will be divulged!

I was an audio inventor and engineer for several decades. My hearing acuity was especially revered.

I invented a replacement for vinyl records. The technical description for this invention is a full spectrum, frequency-modulated optical analog disc format (12" laserdisc).
You remind me a little of Prot from K-PAX :D

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
just received 11 'all-analog' Blue Note Tone Poet titles off the recent 20% off sale.

today is the first day it's felt like fall outside. can't wait to celebrate by enjoying these.

Donald Byrd - Slow Drag LP
Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy
Sonny Clark Trio - Sonny Clark Trio
Kenny Burrell - Kenny Burrell
Lee Konitz and Gerry Mulligan - Lee Konitz Plays With The Gerry Mulligan Quartet
Joe Pass - For Django
Wayne Shorter - The All Seeing Eye
John Coltrane - Blue Train-the Complete Masters.
Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings and Plays
Wayne Shorter - Schizophrenia
Lee Morgan - Infinity
IMG_0996.jpeg

Last edited:

SoundMann

Jun 29, 2022
just received 11 'all-analog' Blue Note Tone Poet titles off the recent 20% off sale.

today is the first day it's felt like fall outside. can't wait to celebrate by enjoying these.

Lee Konitz and Gerry Mulligan - Lee Konitz Plays With The Gerry Mulligan Quartet
Joe Pass - For Django
Lee Morgan - Infinity
View attachment 116809

What do they sound like? Have you heard any of the originals?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
What do they sound like?
working on that; but other Tone Poets where i had early pressings or originals i found the Tone Poets were very competitive. so i view these titles which i don't own as desirable. they have been consistently top flight. listening now to the Morgan-Infinity and it is very fine.

generally the Tone Poet pressings are nuanced, with tonal density and good PRAT. very balanced top to bottom. nothing clipped or closed in. open and free. they sound 'right' in my system to my ears.
Have you heard any of the originals?
not of these.

the Tone Poet pressings are very good, and honestly they are fool proof to buy, reasonable prices and time effective to acquire. and i happen to love golden era jazz and these particular artists. i'm now listening to the Sonny Clarke Trio, another winner to my ears. high energy, wonderful flow, piano tone, and presence.

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1

oldvinyl

Jun 3, 2017
Specific Northwest - Seattle area

Joe Pass - For Django
Lee Morgan - Infinity
View attachment 116809
Gotta love Joe Pass. His Virtuoso albums on Pablo are great.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing