The Sound of Pacific: The Newest DAC from Lampizator

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
visited the Lampizator room at RMAF twice to hear the new Pacific dac. first time it was early and they were still in somewhat set-up mode.

second time better, more settled.

first impressions were that there is fundamentally more information than my recollection of the last upgraded version I had of the GG in my system (this was a full spec SE GG as of 12/15/16). lower noise, more refined and sophisticated. it sounds more out of the way of the music, and it gives less of it's own signature. great transparency and texture.

this is very provisional as this is a show and all that stuff. but.....congrats to Lukasz and all the Lampi faithful.......your new thing seems for real to my ears.

and in person it's beautiful. has very elegant lines and scale.

pacific f.jpg
pacific b.jpg
pacific W.jpg

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks Mike , nice pics . Enjoy yourself and do drop us a tidbit , as and when time permits
Are they using the Superkomputer ?

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Thanks Mike..drooling..so I guess this is not the final version yet because the screws are out? No stacore footers? And this is the Balanced with volume control? I just wonder if no VC, there shouldn't be any knob at the front, right? Just the display alone.

visited the Lampizator room at RMAF twice to hear the new Pacific dac. first time it was early and they were still in somewhat set-up mode.

second time better, more settled.

first impressions were that there is fundamentally more information than my recollection of the last upgraded version I had of the GG in my system (this was a full spec SE GG as of 12/15/16). lower noise, more refined and sophisticated. it sounds more out of the way of the music, and it gives less of it's own signature. great transparency and texture.

this is very provisional as this is a show and all that stuff. but.....congrats to Lukasz and all the Lampi faithful.......your new thing seems for real to my ears.

and in person it's beautiful. has very elegant lines and scale.

View attachment 35667
View attachment 35668
View attachment 35675

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
It’s like Audio jewellery wonderful presence....Bulgari of Hifi

Last edited:

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
No attempt to maximise the performance of the setup re. Isolation of all equipment and not using the Pacific grounding post?
Always amazes me when exhibitors do not try. Is this a time constraint or apathy?
If I were Lukasz I'd be 'kicking butt'

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Again...not with the Pulsar clock. Try now...thank me later.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
They using the balanced outs at the show ? If I recollect correctly , it was supposed to be a single ended model at the show .

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
They using the balanced outs at the show ? If I recollect correctly , it was supposed to be a single ended model at the show .
The Bal unit can run SE using only the rear tubes. Been a feature of Lampi for years.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
The amplifiers are balanced, so the dac is also a balanced one, makes sense.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
No attempt to maximise the performance of the setup re. Isolation of all equipment and not using the Pacific grounding post?
Always amazes me when exhibitors do not try. Is this a time constraint or apathy?
If I were Lukasz I'd be 'kicking butt' ??

Respectfully, there was a lot more going on than you give us credit for. As Mike noted, his picture was taken as we were still setting up, and less than an hour after those speakers were swapped into place (huge ordeal).

The current position of those speakers is completely different after setup.

The amps are not carelessly thrown on the floor, but rather are resting on Sistrum SP-103 stands.

Similarly, the SK is coupled to the newly designed flight case (we wanted people to see it) via Lou of Daedalus Audio's DiD devices.

You are correct though, that more performance can be extracted by talking measures with grounding.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Eur420 IS very expensive for a usb clock and several times what the entire Amanero receiver card costs.

on a forum in which we can contemplate the virtues of an Abendrot Stute Master/Reference Clock at 40 thousand USD....it's all relative.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Eur420 IS very expensive for a usb clock and several times what the entire Amanero receiver card costs.
Mark, it maybe expensive in comparison to the clocks, installed in other Lampi dacs, but it is not expensive considering the overall cost of Pacific, GG or GA. I fact, I would gladly pay $500 more to install it in my L4 if this was an option:)

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Mark, it maybe expensive in comparison to the clocks, installed in other Lampi dacs, but it is not expensive considering the overall cost of Pacific, GG or GA. I fact, I would gladly pay $500 more to install it in my L4 if this was an option:)

But it is expensive as a single component, one of many many components used, and is up there with say duelund caps or EML / KR tubes. I suspect few other dacs in this price range have such an expensive clock. For your L4, there is already the superclock usb option costing around eur300 and this is widely felt to be a worthwhile retrofit. There is also an aftermarket option from ackodac costing around the same.

Coming back to the Abendrot, I’m going to go do some research on this unit but would be interested to see what clock module it uses. By way of comparative, commercial satellite GPS masterclock modules can cost around $1500.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Respectfully, there was a lot more going on than you give us credit for. As Mike noted, his picture was taken as we were still setting up, and less than an hour after those speakers were swapped into place (huge ordeal).

The current position of those speakers is completely different after setup.

The amps are not carelessly thrown on the floor, but rather are resting on Sistrum SP-103 stands.

Similarly, the SK is coupled to the newly designed flight case (we wanted people to see it) via Lou of Daedalus Audio's DiD devices.

You are correct though, that more performance can be extracted by talking measures with grounding.

Thanks Gopher, I appreciate the clarification and sincerely wish you and Lukasz the best during the show.
Blue58

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing